Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Sabertooth P67 wireless internet?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 21, 2011 4:49:29 PM

Hello - very noob question. does the ASUS P67 motherboard have its own wireless network card built in? I built my own computer and ended up sticking with my crappy wireless antenna that you have to install then screw in with 3 prongs. I only get 2-4mbs download speed while my laptop gets 30ish. I cant stream anything on my desktop and download times are horrible. Here is my comp specs.

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU SPEED:
3.32 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
15.98 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
3.97 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
nvd3dum.dll
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1920x1080
HARD DISK SIZE:
111.69 GB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
55.63 GB (50%)
DOWNLOAD SPEED:
24.44 kB/s (200.2 kbps)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan
November 24, 2011 3:44:46 AM

there are 13 ASUS P67 boards listed on ASUS' website - I am not aware of any
desktop boards with integral wireless internet. Why aren't you using onboard gigabit lan connection?
January 10, 2013 8:23:46 AM

I have the same question and live in an area where there is a very limited access to internet. Long story but Megapath sold me something they dont support and cut my t1. Im haveing a hard time getting it reconnected. So in meantime i tried a couple hotspots. One being a a Sprint that works through usb and the other a Samsung Verizon which got very good speed tests but wont transmit while usb plugged in, so that says wifi not built in. I guess I can go to the bios of the Sabertooth but.... Any other suggestions? I hard wire everything but right now its not happening. Tried every single isp out here who used to service the area but no luck. Since Megapath cut my contract without approval and I told them specifically not to because wanted to compare existing t1 (which 1.5 sucks todays standards) to there promised 3.0 which they promised over and over its now available in my area. Anyway. Sorry for the long story but that is one reason. Unless of course i go through a wireless router. Thanks much.
!