Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 suddenly takes longer to boot up

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
December 21, 2010 5:31:24 AM

Recently my computer went from having the "starting windows" then the startup animation appear then to my login.
But it suddenly went from that to taking more than 30 seconds to get from "starting windows" to the startup animation.

If this info helps, i tried to install windows 7 on a secondary drive so that i could put it in a different computer, it didn't work but the multi boot option still appears as if the hard disk was still installed. I can't get rid of it without changing msconfig to selective startup.

Can someone help me with this problem please?
a b B Homebuilt system
December 21, 2010 10:29:10 AM

I don't think this will solved with merely a few mouse clicks; more likely, deleting main partition(s), quick format/reinstall...

Win7 actually let you install another Windows...thru Windows...to another internal drive? BUt now it has installed a boot select onto your primary drive...lesson learned.

( So WIndows has the equivalent of Linux GRUB/multi-boot menu options now? INteresting)
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
December 22, 2010 6:46:20 AM

mdd1963 said:
I don't think this will solved with merely a few mouse clicks; more likely, deleting main partition(s), quick format/reinstall...

Win7 actually let you install another Windows...thru Windows...to another internal drive? BUt now it has installed a boot select onto your primary drive...lesson learned.

( So WIndows has the equivalent of Linux GRUB/multi-boot menu options now? INteresting)

Noone said i installed windows 7 onto the secondary through windows 7.
And for your other question, i meant windows boot manager, i thought that "multi boot" option would be a good enough description... obviously not.

m
l
!