Its really annoying and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it. It happens worst on the Napoleon Total War Campaign map(s). I am pretty sure its tearing as it looks like horizontal lines are running up the screen when I pan. Vsync improves it but there is still an annoying amount of it. My specs are:
MOBO: MSI 790X-G45
OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
RAM: OCZ Obsidian 4GB (2x2GB)
Video Card: Radeon HD 5770
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 3220mhz OC
P.S. I also occasionally get weird sounds in the background like static and sometimes other strange noises?
Edit: Apparently after I did a little looking around the internet it is different then screen tearing as it rolls up the screen and only happens when the camera is moving.
Edit: I am able to get it to be barely noticeable if I turn NTW settings down to Medium but I really think the 5770 should be able to do a lot better considering my old 9500 GT was able to run NTW at higher settings. Does this mean I have a faulty card?
I'd appreciate it if you read the rules before posting.
* Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!
* Share personal information, like your email address. Identify theft is real.
* Bump posts, claim "first!"
* Hijack a topic. Stick to the original conversation.
* Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection