Ati radeon hd 5800 error?

G

Hey, i just uppdated my Atiradeon HD 5800 drivers and after i restarted my computer i cant get fullscreen anymore :s the Screen resolution is at max : 1920 x 1080 but it`s still like 5 cm on both sides and 2-3 cm at the top and bottom of my tv that aint beeing used, and cant seem to get it to go full screen again after the uppdate, anybody know what i should do?

What is the "native resolution" of your TV?

What type of cable connects the PC to your TV? (HDMI, DVI, VGA, S-Video, etc)

If your TV is not 1920x1080 (1080p) and you set the PC to output @ 1080p, you'll get an altered image on screen.

If your TV is 1080p, and you're still have the problem while using DVI or HDMI, I'd suggest resetting the resolution on your PC through Windows. Change it to something else and change it back and see if it fixes. If not, you should be able to use the ATI CCC (Catalyst Control Center) to adjust the screen size/alignment.

If none of that works, I'd suggest trying a different driver version.

G

The native resolution of my tv is 1920x1080, and i`m using a hdmi cable. and i have tryed 4 different drivers now and it`s still the same problem, and the Cataclyst control center wont let me use any old drivers so i cant go back to the one i had that worked :S
And i have tryed to change the resolution and change it back several time and still the same problem.

Rocket254

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I ran into this same problem a while back.

Try this in CCC:

1 - Go to desktop and displays.
2 - Click the bottom left arrow showing your monitor and select: configure.
3 - Go to scaling options in the window that comes up.
4 - Increase the overscan.

TRENDING THREADS