asoxtao

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
hi all,

may i ask a question pls? i dont know much abt computers. im trying to buy myself one but im ashamed to go to a computer store bec i dont know how to really. (in my 30s trying to get my 1st pc)...actually i came here about a month ago but im just having a hard time really. im sorry. maybe id buy online... so i was looking at ebay and found an ad that says. this is for about 400 us dollars

I am selling my LIQUID COOLING desktop computer as a bundle.

Included:
CPU
-Casing: Thermaltake Armor Full Tower Black
-Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
-Memory: 4.00 GB
-Windows version: Windows Vista Ultimate
-Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
-Hard Disk: 4 internal SATA Hardisk (2 of 300Gb and 2 of 200GB)
Monitor
-Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW
Speaker
-Logitech G51 5.1 Channel Speakers
Mouse Included: Logitech Gaming mouse (Corded)
Keyboard: Corded Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard
UPS: APC

if you want my old computer table :)

ive looked around and found out that this computer maybe be a few years outdated. im wondering if this computer will still work with 2011 games and programs ? will this serve me good? i want to play war craft

ps pls tell me a site where i can read about core's dou any computer stuff for beginners? thank you for helping

first, yes it will still work with new games, its a quad core and todays games tend to need 3 or less cores, due to the fact that a lot of em are console ports or ported to console, as long as the ps3 and 360 are around 2.4ghz core 2 quads will still be able to play games. also you should be able to get 400 for the pc alone without the monitor or other peripherals as its not a bad setup for entry level gaming. and with that gfx card should still be relivant for at least another 2 years.
the logitech mouse and keyboard could get 50 bux as a bundle and the monitor could fetch 70 depending on condition...

this site is good for beginners and pro's alike...
and as your a little hesitant it means you should be willing to learn.
remember. theres no such thing as a dumb question, but there are dumb-asses who will answer. always double check answers
you can find lots of info in articles on this site about the C2d and every other part you mentioned as T'H. is very comprihensive and user friendly...

asoxtao

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I guess this is a good deal for 400 us dollars?

My other question is the windows. it does seem old, of course i may want a newer windows like an apple or android. will either these windows work on this kind of computer?

thanks alot