Returing to VGAP

Hi, long time since I wandered in here and long time since I played the
game - but Im hoping to kick it off again.

A few questions arise however....and my server doesnt have the FAQ on it
at the moment, those that cropped up in metacrawler didnt seem to answer
the questions...

I have a registered copy from way back, oh 95 I guess. As do the other
players (all 3.something).
We currently assume that patching will allow us to get up to speed or at
least we may prefer to grab winplan since its all DOS copies. Is this the
case or are we so far behind that we need to rebuy...
Also looking at winplan all references seem to discuss Win98....anyone got
any comments on WinXP and winplan (or the DOS version)

Thanks (I'll undoubtedly have more as I getback into the thing)
Tim
--
When playing rugby, its not the winning that counts, but the taking apart
ICQ: 5178568

> I have a registered copy from way back, oh 95 I guess. As do the other
> players (all 3.something).
> We currently assume that patching will allow us to get up to speed or at
> least we may prefer to grab winplan since its all DOS copies. Is this the
> case or are we so far behind that we need to rebuy...

In your case i'd recommend using a 3rd party client like PCC or VPA. You
will probably have to (re-)adapt anyway and those will allow using your
old registration with an up-to-date client. Plus both fully support all
those fancy new PHost-features.

- Fela