NVIDIA lists unannounced GTX 580 graphics card on its page, quickly pu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sweet news! Get ready to save up for a nuclear fusion power plant to power your nvidia gtx 580.
Joking aside I'm definitly going to wait now.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/23/nvidia-lists-unannounced-gtx-580-graphics-card-on-its-page-quic/

you will be waiting forever.....something new is always just over the horizon. Hopefully its not another rushed to production chip that chews up your power bill. I'll be happy to get something from ati's 6xxx lineup in the near future that I dont need to upgrade my PSU for.

Timop

Distinguished
Why don't you wait for HD7000 and GTX600s too? They exist also.. XD

Though I doubt this will be released soon if its anything more than full GT100, which wont be awfully impressive, even if they manage to do a respin and update that reduces power comsumption by a bit.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Well, at least Nvidia knows how to get free advertising :sarcastic:

Let's hope this doesn't come out too late, otherwise AMD will have a huge lead on them again, thus prices may suffer some.
If you decide to wait for the GTX 580, you might as well wait another 4 months for the HD 7k series. :p

ares1214

Splendid
One chart put it at 512-bit, 784 SP. That would be dual fully unlocked GF104. As much BS as that seems, considering that NV is already pushing the envelope, that would be insane. Also only 20% performance increase from that seems wrong. In any event, seems odd its placed next to the last gen dual card, not the fastest last gen single card :??:

One chart put it at 512-bit, 784 SP. That would be dual fully unlocked GF104. As much BS as that seems, considering that NV is already pushing the envelope, that would be insane. Also only 20% performance increase from that seems wrong. In any event, seems odd its placed next to the last gen dual card, not the fastest last gen single card :??:
There has been mention of several things but the dual GF104 may well be the GTX590 and the GTX580 could be a single GPU card with the GF110 GPU on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.