Dual monitor

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Dual Monitors
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
October 24, 2010 2:32:53 AM

how to set up dual monitor with ati 4550 (will arrive to me soon before end of month)
i want to use with one monitor for web surfing, office work or video or so on one monitor and the other on online game like WOW. i have my past card nvidia which can show two monitor but all application runs on one monitor and the other can only show desktop.

thanks a lot

More about : dual monitor

October 24, 2010 4:44:30 AM

ok
i'll test once the card arrive and if i can't i'll ask u again.

my past experience is i can open in 2 monitors but all my programs run in only the primary monitor. and the second monitor show only desktop wallpaper and work nothing else.
m
l
a c 221 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 24, 2010 4:52:22 AM

You just have to drag the windows over to the second monitor. Windows open on the screen they were most recently opened on so when you first connect a second monitor everything will still be opening on the first one, just drag them over to the second one and they will always open there.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 24, 2010 5:08:58 AM

really like that,
it's so easy,
i'll try as soon as my card arrive
and one more question: using one monitor office stuff and the other one game playing will slow down little or just normal (i don't want high end quality, my monitor is just 720p and i can now play them on single monitor with X3100 with normal quality and i'll use the same setting on my secondary monitor)
m
l
a c 221 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 24, 2010 6:21:42 AM

The second monitor isnt going to require many of the GPU resources to be devoted to it. I run a 1280x1024 monitor and a 1920x1080 monitor, the different in frame rates when i have my 1280x1024 connected and running a browser in it while i game and just running the 1920x1080 screen is pretty minimal, about 5FPS in most cases. It will be a bit more with the 4550 since you dont have as strong a GPU but it wont slow you down a ton.
m
l
October 24, 2010 7:25:57 AM

my pc is

E7400 2.8 core 2
2 gb ddr2800
500gb hdd
G31 mobo

i'm not use heavily on this pc and my games are just old games like WOW, counterstrike and CNC general with medium setting

thanks
m
l