Phenom x2 965 temps?

joacomax

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
So I got a Phenom II 965 a couple weeks ago and hoping to overclock it i got a Coolermaster V6 GT, case is a Coolermaster nvidia 334 elite.
However Core Temp shows cpu temps of 39-40 C idle and up to 53-55ªC on full load (did stress tests for about 8-9 hours), so i think its not safe to overclock it at all.
My room temp is around 20-25ªC (Night-day).
Do you guys think the gpu cooler is not applied correcly?

Solution
Keep it under 62(amd spec) and you will be good. Arctic silver is good as is Arctic cooling MX thermal paste.

It is important to know that your board may well be controlling fan speed based on temperatures(and keeping it at 55). so as you overclock, it may just speed up the fan to keep you at that temp. I get about 55 with a Coolermaster 212+ on a PII 955 @ 3.7.
Keep it under 62(amd spec) and you will be good. Arctic silver is good as is Arctic cooling MX thermal paste.

It is important to know that your board may well be controlling fan speed based on temperatures(and keeping it at 55). so as you overclock, it may just speed up the fan to keep you at that temp. I get about 55 with a Coolermaster 212+ on a PII 955 @ 3.7.

Solution