6850 and small 375W PSU - feasible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was checking Anacondor's post (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/301136-15-will-6850-work-425w) to see if the 6850 is an option for me but I just can't figure out if I'm pushing the enveloppe too far :eek: , knowing that my system has a smaller PSU, a more power hungry CPU and 2HD in RAID 0...

So to summarize, the idea is to plug the nice 6850 on this system:
Dell XPS 420 - PSU 375W - Q6600@2.4 - 4GB - 2x WD HD500GB in RAID 0

Should this work or is this going to be completely unstable?!?

G

Hi ct1615,

Thanks a lot for your answer, that definitely means it should be a workable solution! If it's unstable (which I seriously doubt now), I'll buy the new PSU (wow, I knew Dell was underrating its PSU but xigmatek sells this PSU@400w when it peaks @600w, amazing!)

Great stuff, can't wait to get the new 6850 (replacing a 8600GTS so quantum leap improvement :bounce: ). So now it's time to figure out which 6850... more reading to come :pt1cable: but that's the easy part!

Thanks again!

G

Thanks yesitsmario, I'll definitely check this one out if needed, seems to be a great price/performance PSU!

G

Agreed, 6850 was definitely the minimum (then again, coming from a 8600GTS, anything was an improvement for me :sol: )! Can't wait to try it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.