Playback of JPEG files

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 22, 2005 10:47:57 PM

Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to use a DVD player to play back
JPEG photo files I have burned on to a CD-R disc on my computer ?

Ron.

More about : playback jpeg files

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 10:47:58 PM

Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to use a DVD player to play
back
JPEG photo files I have burned on to a CD-R disc on my computer ?

It depends upon the age and capability of your DVD player. Newer ones
that state they can play MP3's and other more recent formats should be
able to show the JPGs on the screen. I know mine will.
Bob Boudreau
Canada
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 10:47:58 PM

"Ron Bradley" <rb004j0915@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to use a DVD player to play back
> JPEG photo files I have burned on to a CD-R disc on my computer ?
>
> Ron.

One thing that helped with my Samsung was to be sure to put all the pics you
want to view into one file folder then drag that whole folder to the CD.

Didn't work with individual files burned to CD but it did when the pics were
in a folder first...go figure.
January 22, 2005 10:51:15 PM

"Ron Bradley" <rb004j0915@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to use a DVD player to play back
> JPEG photo files I have burned on to a CD-R disc on my computer ?
>
> Ron.

Absolutely. My Toshiba does it everyday. You need to check the book for
the individual player. Some do and some don't.
January 22, 2005 11:27:19 PM

My 3yr old Toshiba won't play jpgs, but it's still possible by burning a
slideshow in something like NeroVision Express.

"railfan" <arailfan@post.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to use a DVD player to play
> back
> JPEG photo files I have burned on to a CD-R disc on my computer ?
>
> It depends upon the age and capability of your DVD player. Newer ones
> that state they can play MP3's and other more recent formats should be
> able to show the JPGs on the screen. I know mine will.
> Bob Boudreau
> Canada

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:01:49 AM

Yes...Only if your DVD player states that it plays
JPEG files and etc. I attempt SEVERAL times to
download my photos onto a CD-RW and then play them
on by DVD to be watch on TV. It would not work
because the DVD/VCR combination player I had DID
NOT recognize the JPEG file (nor did it show a
screen telling me why it would not play them.)
Although the DVD/VCR was only one year old, I
decided to buy a SONY that actually stated that
it recognized JPEG files. I purchased the Sony
DVD player at Sam's for approximately $70. This
same Sony can be found at Radio Shack. The DVD
model was: Sony CD/DVD Player DVP-NS501P. This
appears on the front bottom right of the DVD Player.
P.S. I also connected this DVD player to my VCR
and am also able to record onto a VCR tape for
those who do not have a DVD Player. Hope this
helps you solve your problem. "D"

January 23, 2005 2:59:33 AM

Ron Bradley wrote:
> Can anyone here tell me if it is possible to use a DVD player to play back
> JPEG photo files I have burned on to a CD-R disc on my computer ?
>
> Ron.

It depends on the player. You can check to see which players support
JPEG here:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
January 23, 2005 12:33:57 PM

This experiment'll cost a dime !

Burn your jpg's to a cd.
Try to avoid using folders. ( some players hiccup )
Plug it into your DVD player

PLAY !
<rj>
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 6:35:25 PM

Thanks to all who have replied to my question concerning DVD playback of
JPEG files on CD-R.
!