Closed Solved

EVGA GTX460 FTW SLI or ASUS Radeon 6870 CF

Im at a dilemma. There are no benches of the evga gtx 460 SLI as far as i can find, but i hear its performance might even be better than the 6870 in CF. I can not be sure, as there are no benches of the 460 FTW in SLI. So i am wondering, which cards are better for SLI/CF performance wise? the 460 FTW SLI or the 6870 CF?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about evga gtx460 asus radeon 6870
  1. My vote goes to the 6850 in xfire. They OC quite nicely, even without voltage, with it on par with the 460 for overclocking. It starts 5-10% higher than a stock 460 anyway. It also has slightly better scaling, and uses less power. Temps are about even. Also, in about a month, drivers should increase scaling a little, and overall performance by about 5-10%.
  2. Best answer

Keep in mind that, even the the overclocking headroom for the HD6870 is minimal (without voltages yet), the little you can do gives it another 3-5 FPS.
  3. shadow187 said:

Well with voltage it seems it explodes, people with voltage mods have gotten some insane overclocks out of it on air, like 30-40%. But yes, thats a pretty heavily OC'ed 460 vs a stock 6870. The fact that the 6870 has better scaling and is naturally about 20% faster carries it over.
  4. 6870 is new, and naturally its not fully exploited yet.

460 FTW OC is selling at the same price as 6870.
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
  6. Best answer selected by jeffreyyliu.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards EVGA SLI Performance Graphics