the recommendation for 450watts is for the total system!
Oh...I was assuming that was for just the card or something like that=p *facepalm* Well, that sets me at ease in going through with my build this Friday...this is going to be fun and it's my first build so hopefully everything goes as planned
Hey guys, can you tell me if my setup will have enough power (I have a Corsair TX 650W PSU already...was wondering if i need to return it and get a 750W or something)
1) Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHZ (Sandy Bridge)
2) ASUS P8P67-Pro Motherboard
3) 500 GB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive
4) 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM
5) ASUS NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450 (recommended system PWR amount is 450, according to nvidia)
6) Liteon 24X Internal CD/DVD Reader/Writer
7) 3 X 200 mm fans & 2 X 120 mm fan all by Cooler Master
yes 650w is way enough. your intel core i7 2600 runs at 32nm means it uses less power than those first generation i7(920,930,950,980) who runs 45nm power.
even a 600w psu can handle your system. i have an i7950 and evga gts450 powered by an fsp everest 600w psu, already 6months and no problem.