PSU too small!

Alex_S

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Hello,
My psu is too small for my case I ordered a micro atx psu and a micro atx rosewill R101-P-BK but it wasn't untill I was building the thing for my dad that i said " I'm screwed!" I called rosewill and they revealed that infact the rosewill R101-P-BK needs an ATX PSU I was pissed and looking for a solution so I heard about adapter plates but can't find one anywhere! can someone shoot me an email or reply to this and tell me where to find one?

Solution
An adapter plate isnt a good choice because there will be no support for the sides of the PSU, if you turn the case on its side to open it up the PSU will be floating in the air and will put a lot of stress on the plate or the PSU, its really just a better idea to get a PSU thats the right size so the PSU has appropriate support.
An adapter plate isnt a good choice because there will be no support for the sides of the PSU, if you turn the case on its side to open it up the PSU will be floating in the air and will put a lot of stress on the plate or the PSU, its really just a better idea to get a PSU thats the right size so the PSU has appropriate support.

Solution

Alex_S

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
OK, one more question though I was going to update my PSU and Video card in my main build I was going to buy a raidmax 600W PSU and an Nvidia GTX 550
I have a radeon HD 4670 with 1GB of 128-bit ram is the video card that i want to get as an upgrade a good choice? if not send me a link (I usually shop on newegg.com) I would llike it if the video card was less than $250

radimax is no good, dont waste your money on cheap crap. buy a good quality psu and it will last. a 600w radimax probably produces equivelant continuous power to a 380w Antec Earthwatts. You really need to look more into PSU reviews and such as you seem uneducated about the most important part of your computer. Sites such as hardwaresecrets and johnnyguru do good reviews with load testing and have good articles about psu's. Dont go by a review where the psu has not been load tested and only tested on a desktop PC.

Alex_S

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
My brother in law owns a 600W raidmax PSU and he said that it's working just fine and it has 80% efficiency so I thought that would get the job done for me but i'll look again and post my finds...