Can my Dell Optiplex GX280 Small Form FActor run..

Don't bet on it; dell is bad about it's ram specs. It certainly won't run this ram at 1066, so why pay extra for the speed. It may not even post. The motherboard bios in most dells is so small there's no adjustments for ram voltage and speed.

alexwiese

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011

is there anyway i can change the ram speed in the bios screen

I doubt it. I worked at dell several times handling foxconn and other dell branded boards. They simply won't run unless the ram meets it's specs. Another poster bought gskill ddr2 for his dell and it wouldn't post. I recommended he match the ram brand, which was samsung. I recommend you do the same. Won't hurt anything to try the corsair though.

alexwiese

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011

well i bought it from pc world and if i put it in a cant refund it if it doesnt work. Can you do more research to see if it can work before i put it in

The original stick was pc4200, which is much slower than what you have now. If your corsair runs at 1.8v it has a chance of working, but why gamble? I checked one of the dell forums, and it shows the recommended ram is either pc4200 or pc5300 in various brands. The maximum capacity is 1 gb per slot. Check with the dell forum if you don't believe me. It's your money. You may be able to sell your corsair used on craigslist. Weigh the restocking fee against what you think you can get for the ram used before you try it.