First Build, ran into problem!

Destroysall

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Hey guys! I was building my first PC and despite having a DOA Power supply, I ran into sort of a problem with the CPU and Motherboard. I have an Athlon II x3 445 and ASRock M3A770DE Motherboard. I was installing the CPU and it seemed to go in okay. I locked it in, then I put the fan on. I couldn't get the fan on right, so I picked it up (GOD knows why, can't remember), and when I picked up the fan, the processor came out with it. It scared the living daylights out of me and one of the pins was bent. I bent it back with my finger nail (I'm a classical guitar player, so I have nails). I then slid it off the fan by sliding it to the side. The paste was a little smeared, it was in the middle of the CPU still. I don't think it got on the Heatsink though. Is it bad if it does though? Also, it went back in okay, I haven't started it up yet because I haven't gotten my power supply. I worked on it last night and just sent my power supply for an RMA today. I'm just freaking out because I don't want anything to happen when I turn it on or have it damage any of my parts. I did apply the heatsink fan again and locked it in. Will I have any problems? Please help!

Also, it is the stock HSF.

Thanks,

Destroysall

Destroysall

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Well, after such a long time, I was finally able to get my PSU back and everything turned on. Now hear comes the problem, I plugged it in to my DVI monitor and my HDMI LCD TV, and I got nothing. The monitor didn't even read it, but the TV would act like it read it, then gave a blue "no signal" screen. So is the CPU the problem then? I did check to see if all the fans were running and they all were. The GPU was running pretty slow though, but I'm assuming that is normal. I think AMD gives either 1 or 3 year warranty, would I be able to send it to them for another one? That is, if it is the problem.