Memory Issues with new Asus motherboard

Houseman15

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
I recently decided to build a new computer, so I ordered all the parts off of Newegg and assembled them without a problem. However, now that everything is assembled I'm having some issues with the BSOD. I can boot up the computer with no problem, and on most days can game on it for hours with little issues. Some days, however, it will abruptly throw a BSOD at me and reset.

It happens randomly, like when I try to open Skype, or in the middle of playing a game, sometimes within minutes of booting or sometimes not for days. I ran Memtest86 4.0 and left it running overnight. When I checked it in the morning - it was stuck on Test #7 with over 14 million errors...

The memory I am using is not on my mobo's QVL and my mobo is not on the compatibility list on my RAM's website. I, also, have not overclocked anything. Could that be the cause? Or is it possible my mobo/cpu is faulty?

Let me know if you need any additional information, thanks in advance for any advice, and sorry for all the text!

System Specifications:
Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM: 2 CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 for a total of 16gb of RAM

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz Socket AM3 125W

Harddrive: Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARX 1TB IntelliPower SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 570 GC Edition 1280MB

I had the same problem with my new build i7 2600. And the problem was the memory one stick was bad. I had buy another dual channel ram's and everithyng was ok.Try to pull out one memory stick ,and leave the PC just with that memory stick, if everything is ok make the same thing with the other to see if the one of memory is faulty.