WTF CARD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatasiankid

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
Hi, My second hand GTS 250 seems to idle at around 70c is this normal it has a big cooler but runs really hot?

also why is this card so long, look at the picture and you will see how big it is.

P4060098.jpg

Also the card has 2 colours on it cream and black :p now back to topic is this hot for it 70c idle even though giant cooler?

thatasiankid

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010

I got this second hand i just found out that there is hard cardboard all over the card i took it all of and now it runs at 44c what dumbass would put cardboard over it? this card is second hand btw

A bit of unrestricted airflow can work wonders can't it?

thatasiankid

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010

Why did the previous owner do this? Also the board is abit sticky because of the sticky tape that someone taped on there -_-

As I don't know nor have ever met the previous owner I can't answer that but lighter fluid or methylated spirits can be used to remove the sticky residue left by the tape.

thatasiankid

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah but that will that put my graphics card on fire? also where am i gunna find methylated spirits xD or lighter fluid

AMW1011

Distinguished

Dude, unless your rubbing it with flint and the back is sandpaper, I wouldn't worry about RUBBING alcohol. :lol:

thatasiankid

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010

Guys are you sure That i can clean my graphics card with rubbing alchol can someone confirm this, someone that knows what there talking about like mousemonkey because i dont want my house to be ashes or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.