New Computer, big problem

Hi all

Just a quick question, Bought a new computer today i was so excited here is the spec

Intel Core i5 760 CPU
2 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz
ATX Black Gaming Tower Case
750w ATX Power Supply
Intel H55 Chipset Motherboard
Windows 7 (64 bit)

I also bought a Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB GDDR5 OC Edition and had it all put togother for me at novatech but...

When i got home everything was running smooth up until the point i tryed to run a game FFXIV and the benchmark program you can use to see how your computer will run playing it. anyway whenever i try to run the benchamark or game the computer restarts everytime, the benchmark may run for a min or two but then restarts my pc. So do i take it back to the shop or have i done somthing wrong?

Thanks for any replies in advance
7 answers Last reply
More about computer problem
  1. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for the GPU. If the problem still persists it may pay to take it back. It could be a PSU issue. If you dig into the system to deeply they may void your warranty and there is no profit in throwing that away at this stage.
  2. Thanks for the reply guys, gonna take it down today and I'll update. I just hope it hasn't been fitted properly and nothing more serious :(
  3. what brand power supply is it? its probably a no-name brand that cant really output 750w and it is dying under load.
  4. Hey guys its all working now - Yeh the power supply was a big failure and wasnt pumping out enough juice had to buy a new one everything is running fine now. Got some new problems now in FFXIV with the card freezing up mid game in combat areas just looking at other posts i think it might be becuase the cards overclocked so i may need to reduce it a bit :(
  5. Gigabyte would back up their factory OC, I'd RMA for a good one instead. That said, it definitely pays to investigate further. Check the temps, and make sure you have latest drivers and such
  6. Turns out i had to install the game again runs fine now lol, probally corrupted data. One last question i pushed my settings up high and my graphics card temp was about 72oc is that a safe level for long gaming periods i would you reccomend lowering it a bit. Thanks again for all your replys youve been a great help
  7. just out of curiosity - what brand was the old 750w PSU? Ill make sure I dont get that one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Computer Intel Graphics