Sign in with
Your question

E2160 upgrade to e6600

Last response: in CPUs
March 17, 2011 8:54:49 AM

Hello,
Is it possible to use an intel e6600 to upgrade from a e2160. I ask the question as i have tried fitting it to my HP m9070a, but when i re-start it only comes up with the HP pre-page and won't go any further or respond to system recovery commands

More about : e2160 upgrade e6600

a c 84 à CPUs
March 17, 2011 9:17:53 AM

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport... is that your motherboard? it should support the processor. You may need to go into BIOS setup, not sure on hp but you may need to press either DEL F2 or F10 or something to get into it. You should then select "reset to defaults" or something like that, then save and exit. Its probably come up with an error but the hp screen wont let you see that. there should also be an option to "diable splash screen logo" or something. do that so you can see the error. you may need to look through the manual for the computer or for the motherboard to find this info.
m
l
a b à CPUs
March 17, 2011 4:02:16 PM

You may beed to put back in the old CPU and download / run the BIOS upgrade from support.hp.com for your model computer. I had to do that when changing a HP machine from a 2180 to an E6550.
m
l
April 13, 2011 9:40:42 AM

Thanks for the help. Yes that is the motherboard. Have also been to HP to upgrade the BIOS. The only upgrade is for systems running Vista. Keeps telling me BIOS is up to date.

Have now given up on the upgrade and sold the processor. Thanks again though.
m
l
!