Color vs Colour

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 23, 2005 12:21:42 AM

Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
both sides of the Atlantic.

More about : color colour

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:21:43 AM

measekite commented courteously ...

> Why is their a difference in the spelling of
> color (I think colour) on both sides of the
> Atlantic.

And, why aluminium and aluminum, and hood and bonnet, and
tire and tyre, and, and, and,

"England and America are two countries divided by a common
language." - George Bernard Shaw

--
[when I get un-lazy, my sig will go here]
January 23, 2005 12:21:43 AM

Because Yanks can't spell...

> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> both sides of the Atlantic.
Related resources
January 23, 2005 12:21:43 AM

> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> both sides of the Atlantic.

Don't forget your gray card and your grey card.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:40:29 AM

Because the Brits have a dash more taste. (We'll ignore punk rock for
now...)

measekite wrote:
> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> both sides of the Atlantic.
January 23, 2005 12:49:02 AM

(And the spice girls...)
"Robert Barr" <not@for.harvest> wrote in message
> Because the Brits have a dash more taste. (We'll ignore punk rock for
> now...)
>
> measekite wrote:
> > Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> > both sides of the Atlantic.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:49:03 AM

And the Bay City Rollers...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
"Craig" <me@here.com> wrote in message
> (And the spice girls...)
> "Robert Barr" <not@for.harvest> wrote in message
>> Because the Brits have a dash more taste. (We'll ignore punk rock for
>> now...)
>>
>> measekite wrote:
>> > Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
>> > both sides of the Atlantic.

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:52:14 AM

Robert Barr <not@for.harvest> wrote:

> Because the Brits have a dash more taste. (We'll ignore punk rock for
> now...)
>
> measekite wrote:
> > Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> > both sides of the Atlantic.

We also spell 'there' differently too ;-)

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)

Andy, good one. Most of us spell it your way.

"Andy Hewitt" <hairy.biker@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Robert Barr <not@for.harvest> wrote:
>
>> Because the Brits have a dash more taste. (We'll ignore punk rock for
>> now...)
>>
>> measekite wrote:
>> > Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
>> > both sides of the Atlantic.
>
> We also spell 'there' differently too ;-)
>
> --
> Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
> Honda Civic 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
> http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/thehewitts/index.ht...
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 1:16:57 AM

measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:GtzId.14188$5R.12076
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> both sides of the Atlantic.

In Sweden we spell it "färg".

/Roland
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 1:16:58 AM

We sell "Beano" To prevent that.

"Roland Karlsson" <roland_dot_karlsson@bonetmail.com> wrote in message
> measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:GtzId.14188$5R.12076
> @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:
>
> > Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> > both sides of the Atlantic.
> >

> In Sweden we spell it "färg".
>

> /Roland
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 1:35:23 AM

"Roland Karlsson" <roland_dot_karlsson@bonetmail.com> wrote in message
> measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:GtzId.14188$5R.12076
> @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
>> both sides of the Atlantic.
..
Why do the Brits choose to drive on the wrong side of the road?
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 1:35:24 AM

Toomanyputters commented courteously ...

> Why do the Brits choose to drive on the wrong
> side of the road?

Funny you should mention that...

When I was in London, while on leave from the U.S. Army in
West Germany in 1971, a very proper elder English
gentleman asked me how I liked his city. And I said "just
fine, but you folks drive on the wrong side of the road so
I never know which way to look for oncoming traffic!"

And he said, "No, Yank, YOU people drive on the wrong side
of the road!"

Bless you, sir!

--

"Toomanyputters" <rainydays@theswamp.com> wrote in message

> "Roland Karlsson" <roland_dot_karlsson@bonetmail.com> wrote in message
> > measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:GtzId.14188$5R.12076
> > @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:
> >
> >> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> >> both sides of the Atlantic.
> .
> Why do the Brits choose to drive on the wrong side of the road?

Brits drink warm beer ... Why?

Lucas Refrigerators
January 23, 2005 1:40:41 AM

"Toomanyputters" <rainydays@theswamp.com> wrote in message news:LyAId.35378$dt3.3094294@twister.southeast.rr.com...

> "Roland Karlsson" <roland_dot_karlsson@bonetmail.com> wrote in message
> > measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:GtzId.14188$5R.12076
> > @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:
> >
> >> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> >> both sides of the Atlantic.
> .
> Why do the Brits choose to drive on the wrong side of the road?

Are you sure that it is a choice rather than an affliction?
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:29:20 AM

measekite wrote:
> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> both sides of the Atlantic.

I don't worry. I am such a poor speller to start with I like having
choices. It increases my chances of being right. If you watch my writing
long enough you will see both and mixes of even the same word from time to
time. I guess I am allows as I have citizenship in both US and IE.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:34:03 AM

measekite wrote:
> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> both sides of the Atlantic.

I believe if you follow it back through history, you will find that it
has a lot to do with all the different version of English that were based in
different areas of the country. As it became standardized, which the
English did fairly early, they chose spellings based on popular writings and
politics-religion as much as anything else. Some words sounded a lot
different then so the spelling was different. I guess the US did not feel
so obliged to keep it the same and allowed changes. Some were good and some
were very bad.

Anyway that is what I learned about it long ago. That's the best as I
can remember.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:36:53 AM

MrB <brooksro@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Andy, good one. Most of us spell it your way.

Thought so :-)

I just thought it pretty lame to ask about the spelling of colour, then
use 'their' in the wrong context. It's a pair of words I see used so
often incorrectly in groups.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/thehewitts/index.ht...
January 23, 2005 2:36:54 AM

> MrB <brooksro@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Andy, good one. Most of us spell it your way.
>
> Thought so :-)
>
> I just thought it pretty lame to ask about the spelling of colour, then
> use 'their' in the wrong context. It's a pair of words I see used so
> often incorrectly in groups.

Many can't tell the difference between;

there
their
they're
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 2:36:55 AM

Darrell wrote:
> "Andy Hewitt" <hairy.biker@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> MrB <brooksro@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Andy, good one. Most of us spell it your way.
>>
>> Thought so :-)
>>
>> I just thought it pretty lame to ask about the spelling of colour,
>> then use 'their' in the wrong context. It's a pair of words I see
>> used so often incorrectly in groups.
>>
> Many can't tell the difference between;
>
> there
> their
> they're

You're supposition is correct.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:02:29 AM

> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> both sides of the Atlantic.

We Brits spell 'colour' the correct way, and also we know how to spell
'there' and to put a '?' at the end of a question.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:49:25 AM

In message <1gqtdi5.1sn8jsn1yef2lgN%hairy.biker@spamcop.net>,
hairy.biker@spamcop.net (Andy Hewitt) wrote:

>MrB <brooksro@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Andy, good one. Most of us spell it your way.
>
>Thought so :-)
>
>I just thought it pretty lame to ask about the spelling of colour, then
>use 'their' in the wrong context. It's a pair of words I see used so
>often incorrectly in groups.

Reading improperly used apostrophes and wrong homonyms is most confusing
to the people who understand their proper usage! Relatively neanderthal
people convert the word into sound, and then interpret in context.
Relatively literate people take the words at face value, and find them
to destroy the sentence. For example, someone might write "I burned the
CD's", meaning multiple CDs, but I am looking for something that the CD
possesses to immediately follow "CD's", such as, "I burned the CD's
paper inserts in the fireplace".
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <JPS@no.komm>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:49:26 AM

JPS@no.komm wrote:
> In message <1gqtdi5.1sn8jsn1yef2lgN%hairy.biker@spamcop.net>,
> hairy.biker@spamcop.net (Andy Hewitt) wrote:
>
>> MrB <brooksro@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Andy, good one. Most of us spell it your way.
>>
>> Thought so :-)
>>
>> I just thought it pretty lame to ask about the spelling of colour,
>> then use 'their' in the wrong context. It's a pair of words I see
>> used so often incorrectly in groups.
>
> Reading improperly used apostrophes and wrong homonyms is most
> confusing to the people who understand their proper usage!
> Relatively neanderthal people convert the word into sound, and then
> interpret in context. Relatively literate people take the words at
> face value, and find them to destroy the sentence. For example,
> someone might write "I burned the CD's", meaning multiple CDs, but I
> am looking for something that the CD possesses to immediately follow
> "CD's", such as, "I burned the CD's paper inserts in the fireplace".

So, relatively literate folks waste a lot of energy over-interpreting
neanderthal language? Doesn't sound like a survival characteristic to
me...
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:58:13 AM

Darrell <dev/null> wrote:

> "Andy Hewitt" <hairy.biker@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> > MrB <brooksro@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Andy, good one. Most of us spell it your way.
> >
> > Thought so :-)
> >
> > I just thought it pretty lame to ask about the spelling of colour, then
> > use 'their' in the wrong context. It's a pair of words I see used so
> > often incorrectly in groups.
> >
> Many can't tell the difference between;
>
> there
> their
> they're

Yes, obviously.

--

<JPS@no.komm> wrote:

> In message <1gqtdi5.1sn8jsn1yef2lgN%hairy.biker@spamcop.net>,
> hairy.biker@spamcop.net (Andy Hewitt) wrote:
>
> >MrB <brooksro@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Andy, good one. Most of us spell it your way.
> >
> >Thought so :-)
> >
> >I just thought it pretty lame to ask about the spelling of colour, then
> >use 'their' in the wrong context. It's a pair of words I see used so
> >often incorrectly in groups.
>
> Reading improperly used apostrophes and wrong homonyms is most confusing
> to the people who understand their proper usage! Relatively neanderthal
> people convert the word into sound, and then interpret in context.
> Relatively literate people take the words at face value, and find them
> to destroy the sentence. For example, someone might write "I burned the
> CD's", meaning multiple CDs, but I am looking for something that the CD
> possesses to immediately follow "CD's", such as, "I burned the CD's
> paper inserts in the fireplace".

That too.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/thehewitts/index.ht...
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 4:54:15 AM

"Toomanyputters" <rainydays@theswamp.com> wrote in message
SNIP
> Why do the Brits choose to drive on the wrong side of the road?

Apparently it comes from the tradition of riding one's horse on the
left side of the road, leaving the right hand (side) open for handling
the sword, or so I've been told.

Bart
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 4:54:16 AM

Bart van der Wolf wrote:
> "Toomanyputters" <rainydays@theswamp.com> wrote in message
> SNIP
>> Why do the Brits choose to drive on the wrong side of the road?
>
> Apparently it comes from the tradition of riding one's horse on the
> left side of the road, leaving the right hand (side) open for handling
> the sword, or so I've been told.

If that one hasn't been Snopes'd it should have been.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:26:43 AM

<JPS@no.komm> wrote in message

> Reading improperly used apostrophes and wrong homonyms is most confusing
> to the people who understand their proper usage! Relatively neanderthal
> people convert the word into sound, and then interpret in context.
> Relatively literate people take the words at face value, and find them
> to destroy the sentence. For example, someone might write "I burned the
> CD's", meaning multiple CDs, but I am looking for something that the CD
> possesses to immediately follow "CD's", such as, "I burned the CD's
> paper inserts in the fireplace".

That one bugs me, too.

But I'm wondering... how do I expresss the plural of "Nikon F4S" when I want
to say I have two? I usually write "my two Nikon F4S's" but I'm pretty sure
that's wrong. :-)

Good shooting,
Bob Scott
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 6:26:57 AM

In message <DXDId.7745$rp1.1009@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"Robert Scott" <desmobob@earthlink.net> wrote:

>That one bugs me, too.

>But I'm wondering... how do I expresss the plural of "Nikon F4S" when I want
>to say I have two? I usually write "my two Nikon F4S's" but I'm pretty sure
>that's wrong. :-)

I would go with "F4Ses", but I don't know for sure, so I tend to
restructure sentences to avoid unknowns.

"... my two Nikon F4S cameras ..."

--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <JPS@no.komm>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 6:26:58 AM

JPS@no.komm wrote:
> In message <DXDId.7745$rp1.1009@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> "Robert Scott" <desmobob@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> That one bugs me, too.
>
>> But I'm wondering... how do I expresss the plural of "Nikon F4S"
>> when I want to say I have two? I usually write "my two Nikon F4S's"
>> but I'm pretty sure that's wrong. :-)
>
> I would go with "F4Ses", but I don't know for sure, so I tend to
> restructure sentences to avoid unknowns.
>
> "... my two Nikon F4S cameras ..."

Ayuh. Back in the 80s and 90s it was "F4Ss". At least in the Joneses'
neighborhoods...
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 8:37:52 AM

"Darrell" <dev/null> wrote in message

> "Toomanyputters" <rainydays@theswamp.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Roland Karlsson" <roland_dot_karlsson@bonetmail.com> wrote in message
>> > measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:GtzId.14188$5R.12076
>> > @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

>> .
>> Why do the Brits choose to drive on the wrong side of the road?
>>
> Brits drink warm beer ... Why?
>

> Lucas Refrigerators

Oh, dear, does the Prince of Darkness make refrigerators too?

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 8:49:43 AM

measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:GtzId.14188$5R.12076
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> both sides of the Atlantic.

because when webster made his first american dictionary, he thought
americans were too stupid to remember the proper spelling of words. so he
changed them by taking out u's and other such things. (s vs z)

--
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=moosespet
Anonymous

> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> both sides of the Atlantic.

Who have you spelled "there" "their"?
January 23, 2005 11:02:16 AM

"Frank ess" <frank@fshe2fs.com> wrote:

> > > <snipage's>
> > > I just thought it pretty lame to ask about the spelling of colour,
> > > then use 'their' in the wrong context. It's a pair of words I see
> > > used so often incorrectly in groups.
> >
> > Many can't tell the difference between;
> >
> > there
> > their
> > they're
>
> You're supposition is correct.

Why, their there is another's they're correct...

Jeff (no longer confused ;^)
January 23, 2005 11:05:19 AM

"Toomanyputters" <rainydays@theswamp.com> wrote:

> Why do the Brits choose to drive on the wrong side of the road?

That's so they'll look important in a traffic circle
while sounding very important with their fancy verbiage.

Wish You We're Here

Jeff
January 23, 2005 11:08:26 AM

"Darrell" <dev/null> wrote:

> Brits drink warm beer ... Why?

That's so their hot air isn't chilled by cold beverages. :-)

Heh... Jeff
January 23, 2005 11:21:32 AM

Jon Pike <Anonomoose@spamlesshotmail.com> wrote:

> because when webster made his first american dictionary, he thought
> americans were too stupid to remember the proper spelling of words. so he
> changed them by taking out u's and other such things. (s vs z)

My grandparents left England, Scotland and Sweden to get
away from old world thinking. Now look what we done did...
we let them all back in by allowing the internet to be an
international affair. We bloody well should have kept
it a secret. ;^)

They now think that google is a verb and softwares is
plural for software (which is already plural without
the "s"). Heck... next thing ya know they will be
thinking they belong in North American Stock CAR
racing and who knows what else, eh?

Regardess, their there is our they're there.
Maybe we need an internet "T" party... heh.

Jeff
January 23, 2005 11:22:49 AM

"Ryan Robbins" <redbird007@verizon.net> wrote:

> Who have you spelled "there" "their"?

Is that spelt correctly?

Jeff
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 11:32:38 AM

measekite wrote:
> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
> both sides of the Atlantic.

Just an attempt by the turbulent colonials to be different from the
hated English. Why drive on the wrong side of the road otherwise?
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 11:32:39 AM

"Mike O'Sullivan" <mike.osullivan3@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> measekite wrote:
>> Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
>> both sides of the Atlantic.
>
> Just an attempt by the turbulent colonials to be different from the hated
> English. Why drive on the wrong side of the road otherwise?

That's exactly why our rail roads are on the other side of the track from
the English. And probably why we call them "rail roads" rather than "rail
ways."
Isn't it odd that among all the former colonies of the British Empire, only
the Americans (including Canada and Guiana) and the Africans drive on the
right, the others have stuck to the left?
Does anyone remember that the Swedes used to drive on the right, too?
And know why the Japanese still do?

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 11:34:45 AM

Darrell wrote:
> "Toomanyputters" <rainydays@theswamp.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Roland Karlsson" <roland_dot_karlsson@bonetmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:GtzId.14188$5R.12076
>>>@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

>>.
>>Why do the Brits choose to drive on the wrong side of the road?
>>

> Brits drink warm beer ... Why?

How does "room temperature" qualify as "warm"?
January 23, 2005 11:39:45 AM

Mike O'Sullivan <mike.osullivan3@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> > Brits drink warm beer ... Why?
>
> How does "room temperature" qualify as "warm"?

Because it is "not cold". :)

Jeff
January 23, 2005 11:41:17 AM

Confused <somebody@someplace.somenet> wrote:

> > How does "room temperature" qualify as "warm"?

Correction:

Because it aint "not chilled". :)

Jeff
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 11:42:02 AM

Confused <somebody@someplace.somenet> wrote in

> Jon Pike <Anonomoose@spamlesshotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> because when webster made his first american dictionary, he thought
>> americans were too stupid to remember the proper spelling of words.
>> so he changed them by taking out u's and other such things. (s vs z)
>
> My grandparents left England, Scotland and Sweden to get
> away from old world thinking. Now look what we done did...
> we let them all back in by allowing the internet to be an
> international affair. We bloody well should have kept
> it a secret. ;^)
>
> They now think that google is a verb and softwares is
> plural for software (which is already plural without
> the "s"). Heck... next thing ya know they will be
> thinking they belong in North American Stock CAR
> racing and who knows what else, eh?
>
> Regardess, their there is our they're there.
> Maybe we need an internet "T" party... heh.
>
> Jeff

google IS a verb!

--
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=moosespet
January 23, 2005 11:47:12 AM

James Clifford wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 11:05:01 +0000, Lansbury <lansbury@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
> The question should be where is the wheel on the cars the pros
> prefer to drive. Can a car be handled the same no matter what side
the
> wheel is on or do the primarily right handed people have an advantage
> driving cars in the US and other places.

I have heard that it's more a matter of eye than hand -- most people
are right-eyed and therefore it's better to have your dominant eye
nearest the centre of the road and oncoming traffic. If so, with
today's obsession with changing things in the interests of safety, I
wonder whether there will ever be a movement to switch everybody to
driving on the left.

As to spelling differences, I understand that a lot is due to Webster's
dictionary which tried to simplify spelling and make it more phonetic.
Chris
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:29:07 PM

In article <GtzId.14188$5R.12076@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
>both sides of the Atlantic.

It's not just colour and color. There are many more, such as humour
(something that makes you laugh) and humor (sounds like some sort of nasty
fungal growth). HTH!
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:29:07 PM

In article <e7KdnV-cH-ukfW_cRVn-jQ@rogers.com>, Darrell <dev/null> wrote:

>Brits drink warm beer ... Why?

This is a myth. Real ale is best served at cellar temperature, which is 12
degrees Celsius; not "warm" except, perhaps, to an Inuit.

If it is kept (and served) warmer, it will go off. If it is overly chilled,
the coldness will numb the tastebuds, degrading your ability to taste any
interesting and subtle flavours in the beer.

On the other hand, cheap and nasty lager, such as that popular in much of
the US, and also amongst chavs in the UK, usually has a very unpleasant
taste, and is therefore best served cold to mask this.

Of course, a large number of Americans have actually figured this out, and
have switched to drinking some of the many decent real ales that are now
produced in the US. Some of them are even served at the correct temperature.
;-)
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:29:08 PM

In article <aem6v0t44sd0qu5pv5ssu173cmj6t1637f@4ax.com>,
Confused <somebody@someplace.somenet> wrote:
>"Toomanyputters" <rainydays@theswamp.com> wrote:
>
>> Why do the Brits choose to drive on the wrong side of the road?
>
>That's so they'll look important in a traffic circle
>while sounding very important with their fancy verbiage.

"Verbiage"?

"VERBIAGE?"

Ooh, aren't we grand? "Verbiage" indeed! I suppose we play the grand-piano?
"No tea for me, mater! I'm off to use my fancy VERBIAGE.

With apologies to the Pythons.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 12:29:08 PM

"Chris Brown" <cpbrown@ntlworld.no_uce_please.com> wrote in message
> In article <GtzId.14188$5R.12076@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
> measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>Why is their a difference in the spelling of color (I think colour) on
>>both sides of the Atlantic.
>
> It's not just colour and color. There are many more, such as humour
> (something that makes you laugh) and humor (sounds like some sort of nasty
> fungal growth). HTH!

Don't you spell that nasty growth "tumour?"

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    • 1 / 11