Sign in with
Your question

ATI and PhysX, could not be more confused.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 24, 2010 9:25:58 PM

So it's been some time since I last posted here, but to cut to the point, I got Mafia II and I assumed that I could run it nonetheless. But apparently, it requires and wither/or for the graphics card. I recently built my first system and I opted out of getting a video card due to cost issues, but my integrated graphics is the ATI Radeon HD 3000 clocked at 750mhz with 1 gig RAM allocated and that's at 667mhz.

Anyways, I've been looking everywhere on PhysX and ATI and I obviously know that they're not compatible, will not happen. But I've read a few times that people have PhysX running on their processor and can run things that require it. So essentially, am I on a correct heading with this or no?

More about : ati physx confused

October 24, 2010 9:38:52 PM

Hi, the reason you cannot run it is not the physx that can be enabled, it is because you don't have a proper graphics card. You will need a dedicated card to play games.
m
l
October 24, 2010 10:35:47 PM

mafia ii and many other games check for the system specs before installing, if it doesn't acomplish the minimum, it won't even run.

and yes you can run physx off from the cpu without the need for a nvidia card, but it will make the game unplayable even if you have a really fast cpu
m
l
Related resources
October 25, 2010 2:38:24 AM

the biggest problem is you have crappy onboard graphics that is too slow to run the game properly regardless of settings.
m
l
!