USB stops working after waking from sleep (S3)

SK138

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
I recently built a computer and I want to use the (S3) sleep mode. Whenever I do however, my rear USB ports (the ones that are part of the motherboard) stop working. My mouse and keyboard are plugged in to these so they won't work after waking the computer. The strange thing is, they work to wake the computer, but once its ready, the USB ports turn off.

I am using Windows 7 with a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard. I am assuming the problem is from one of those two things.

I think I'd be investigating possible BIOS quirks, looking to see if there are any known issues within the chipset.... (It seems infeasible that this would not have been noticed, given the dominance of USB keyboards/mice, etc...)

Perhaps there is another power saving mode (sleep vs. hibernate) that will work as an interim solution, barring total shutdowns...

dcrocker

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011

I have the same problem, using Windows Vista 64 on a Gigabye GA-Z68A-D3-B3 motherboard. The USB mouse wakes up the computer from S3 sleep mode, but then the keyboard and mouse don't work.