Sign in with
Your question

Internet Problems

Tags:
  • Internet
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
June 10, 2010 5:31:05 PM

This thread has the worst title ever, but I couldn't think of a better one. Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but on to my problem.

In the last couple days, my internet's performance has dropped drastically. It is the same on all the computers in this household, so it's not a problem with the computer itself. My actual internet speeds are the same, but the browser (and other browsers) behaves very erratically. For example, a webpage will get a "this page can not be displayed" error, but refresh the page a few times and it loads like a charm (my refresh button has seen more use in the last couple days than in the last month). Sometimes it will stop loading when the page is half-loaded, and all I have is a bar at the top of the page, such as the bar at the top of this page with links to other parts of the site. On another note, I know that it's not my connection that "stops and starts". I know this because dowloads, such as music streaming, do not exhibit this behavior. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this? I read somewhere that there had been some attacks of various websites recently, but this problem seems to affect every single website I use.

I hope you didn't pass out making your way through this wall of text.

More about : internet problems

Anonymous
June 10, 2010 5:36:38 PM

Speak to your ISP.
m
l
!