Unable to play mafia 2

G

Hello,
am having nvidia 8500 and am unable to play mafia 2. After starting mafia 2, my screen shows, no signal but my CPU runs normally.

Any help plz?

Hello,
am having nvidia 8500 and am unable to play mafia 2. After starting mafia 2, my screen shows, no signal but my CPU runs normally.

Any help plz?

time for an upgrade the 8500 is crap, also a 512(kb) card does not exists and wouldn't power anything, c'mon 512 kilobytes? Im sure you meant mb but anyways.... What resolution are you using?? also full system specs??, then i can make an upgrade suggestion.

Yeah I personally can remember getting a 64mb video card way back in the day and thinking it was all the rage, I mean 64 mb of video memory wow, (nowadays completely worthless) lol

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
That's nothing, I remember when I built a 486 sx 25 when I was 14 ram cost 50 bucks a megabyte. I had 4 megs and a 40 meg harddrive and thought I would never need more. I played doom on a 2400 baud external modem that was bigger than most netbooks are these days lol.

all the id prefix cheats were fun especially when you could spill guts with the bfg

23dexter89

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Hello,

Any help plz?

Wow dude, Really brave attempt to play Mafia 2 on that card. :) I have an 8600GT and I gave up trying to play the latest games. :D
In my opinion you have 2 options.
1)Try reducing the games resolution.
2)Upgrade your VGA.

Try to upgrade to a new VGA. Thats the only permanent solution to the issue. :)