Sign in with
Your question

Is this a Good build for Warcraft: Cataclysm?

Last response: in Systems
December 23, 2010 4:59:19 PM

Hello Tom's Hardware! :) 

Read a lot of threads on these forums over the months but first time posting.

I am currently in the process of picking all I need for my very first build.

However I’m wondering if it is a little overkill if all I will be playing is World of Warcraft Cataclysm. I want to be playing it on ultra graphics settings.

Would the i5 6**/7**, i7 8** be better Cpu's for money? if so is there a particular mboard you would recommend?

I read a review on best Gpu here to play Cataclysm:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/world-of-warcraft-c...

I felt the gtx470 was best for price range considering the £100 jump to the gtx 570.

This is my build items so far:

http://www.scan.co.uk/savedbasket/08f0e69e5d3e4604a5552...

Wondering if the build is ok or can I change items to reduce cost but still get top visuals and performance out of Wow Cata?

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you :) 

Jase
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 23, 2010 5:08:40 PM

Actually u have to decide which profile of gamer do u fit in:

Type #1 : You are a casual gamer or at most game just the 1-2 titles. Many actually fall into this group, a common game being SC2/WOW. For this type just converting a 24/7 rig with a decent GPU allowing then to play in "Good settings" (WOW) or Ultra no AA (SC2) would suffice Remember SC2, WOW and Blizzard games aren't Crysis where it is the gameplay not eyecandy that matters

Type #2: You explore a lot of gaming titles and are bordering on a gaming nut :p  No compromises for you and no 4 x AA // 16 x AF 1920 x 1080 at least means it's not worth your time Crysis/Metro 2033 = LOL for you because the top of the food chain SLI/CF set ups dun seem costly to you..
m
l
December 23, 2010 5:21:16 PM

batuchka said:
Actually u have to decide which profile of gamer do u fit in:

Type #1 : You are a casual gamer or at most game just the 1-2 titles. Many actually fall into this group, a common game being SC2/WOW. For this type just converting a 24/7 rig with a decent GPU allowing then to play in "Good settings" (WOW) or Ultra no AA (SC2) would suffice Remember SC2, WOW and Blizzard games aren't Crysis where it is the gameplay not eyecandy that matters

Type #2: You explore a lot of gaming titles and are bordering on a gaming nut :p  No compromises for you and no 4 x AA // 16 x AF 1920 x 1080 at least means it's not worth your time Crysis/Metro 2033 = LOL for you because the top of the food chain SLI/CF set ups dun seem costly to you..

I would say i am more Type #1.

The only game i play is Wow. I would be playing it at 1680 x 1050, Ultra setttings would be ideal with a good Fps.
m
l
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 23, 2010 5:24:28 PM

Hmm

955BE
Asrock 770
4 GB DDR3
GTS 450/HD 5770
80+ 450-600w psu

good to go ^^
m