Is this RAM compatible with AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinalis

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
I just bought some RAM off Newegg here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-220-561&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=5&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=3#scrollFullInfo at a good discount and im excited to put it in my new build. I haven't chosen a processor or mobo yet, but I was thinking of getting a Phenom II X6 1100T and an ASUS crosshair V Formula mobo. It looks like this RAM is supposedly meant for Intel based builds, but I want to know if it will still work with with AMD.
I have a GTX 560 and a ZALMAN 135mm CPU cooler if that helps...
I don't really have much of a preference between AMD and Intel, but the AMD one looked pretty powerful for the price.
Any suggestions on processors and motherboards would be much appreciated :)

Solution
Yes. The ram works well with either amd or Intel. Microcenter is going to have the Intel 2500K for $150 on black friday if you want to stand in line. I would choose Intel over amd. Newegg has some asus p67 boards that should work well and permit some overclocking. Some gamers are happy with their phenom II's, so if you don't have much money, check for deals this weekend. You don't need more than four cores for gaming.
Yes. The ram works well with either amd or Intel. Microcenter is going to have the Intel 2500K for $150 on black friday if you want to stand in line. I would choose Intel over amd. Newegg has some asus p67 boards that should work well and permit some overclocking. Some gamers are happy with their phenom II's, so if you don't have much money, check for deals this weekend. You don't need more than four cores for gaming.

Solution

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Personally I prefer AMD over Intel, as it is better priced and I get better performance from it. I have had an AMD CPU for 3+ years without a single peep. But of course, it all depends on the person.

Machinalis

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011

$150 sounds like a steal for the i5-2500K. I would definitely wait in line for that except the nearest microcenter is about an hour away. Do you know if the deal will be available online? I will definitely look for deals this weekend on other processor/mobo combos. Thank you so much for answering :)

Machinalis

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011

I'm interested in trying out AMD, the only experience I've had with them is in my very low end laptop so that doesnt count for much. But the pricing of their processors look a lot more reasonable and may suit my needs just as well. Thanks for answering :)

Status
Not open for further replies.