Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 vs GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD5 / which is better?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 23, 2011 10:47:36 PM

ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3
http://www.asus.gr/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68...

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD5
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

After reading 1000 reviews and comparing them and the rattings and whatnot, I selected these two as the best/most stable motherboards with z68 chipset. Which is the best though?

Will the one from Asus still use i7's HD3000? I hope it does, even though the only HDMI output will belong to the dedicated card. Does it? Thank you for your answers in advance.
November 24, 2011 9:56:14 PM

I knew the question was too hard for anyone to answer :( 
Related resources
November 25, 2011 3:24:54 AM

1)
I am in the SAME boat. Please help someone of higher knowledge!

2)
Also, I have the QVL memory pdf's but cannot find a single one for sale. What am I missing there? Does the ram not have to be on that vendor list? I should be fine right?

3)
The Asus has physically ready PCI Express 3.0 slots and the GB does not, but they claim a firmware update will resolve this issue...Asus sounds more trustworthy here...what is the truth?

Thanks,
McB
November 25, 2011 3:29:45 AM

): same here being a semi perfectionist i just cant bring myself to decide until im completely sure what i want.
November 26, 2011 12:25:00 AM

There has got to be people sitting at home reading this now... :) 
November 26, 2011 7:07:53 AM

Alright, well I went with the Asus for a few reasons:

1) PCI E 3.0 declared pre-built in the physical slots. No immediate firmware updates needed.

2) USB 3.0 front ports x 2

3) I don't care if it 'looks' like the GB is better engineered(I bought a GB GTX560 O.C.)...If I am basing it on 'looks' then I am going for the wicked looking heat sinks with some nice metallic blue color. Black is boring and the heat-sinks do not appear to cover even remotely the same amount of total surface area.

4) No one responded in time. I had a fever, and it needed more cowbell, asap.

5) It appears there are more people purchasing the Asus per number of reviews. These people will assist me in problems and visa-versa.

6) I feel like the bios is more user friendly...according the comments(Eventhough the customer service definitely does not appear to be on par with GB's).

7) It looks beautiful, sexual, and violent.
November 26, 2011 7:13:55 AM

Well I remained undecided as well, and when this happens I just go with the most profitable thingy instead of the most high-end, so I bought P8Z68-V/GEN3 (not the PRO model)
!