Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cannot accessed Bios because of broken ps/2 port

Last response: in Components
March 18, 2011 8:09:12 AM

guys my PS/2 port is broken and i can't accessed bios to enable usb legacy support using usb keyboard is there any utility that i can used to boot into bios and automatically configured usb legacy support.tnx
March 18, 2011 5:07:21 PM

I'm assuming your computer won't recongize a USB keyboard plugged into a USB port?

I would try to reset the CMOS. (use the jumper or remove the battery, google for detailed steps) This will reset the BIOS to Default settings...

The hope would be that the "Default" setting in the BIOS will be to support usb legacy...
Score
March 18, 2011 5:07:59 PM

You could presumably edit a BIOS file so that legacy USB support is enabled by default then flash it from Windows, but I have no clue how to do this.
Score
Related resources
March 19, 2011 12:45:02 AM

guys i mean my ps/2 port is completely dead it cannot detect any good ps/2 keyboard and my cmos setting is on default but probably most of computers whether their cmos is on default settings it doesn't enable usb keyboard support it needs to enter cmos and manually enable it and my usb keyboard cannot accessed cmos during computer boot is there any utility or software that i can use boot on cmos to automatically configured it?
Score

Best solution

March 19, 2011 12:55:30 PM

Sorry, have to ask, how do you know for Sure your BIOS is on Default settings? (hey, it can not hurt to remove the battery to reset it JUST to be positive...)

Here is a complete procedure to follow if that doesn't do it..............

These are the fairly easy things to do that I done many times:

Approach : do you have a Floppy disk drive on your system? Or, a CDROM/DVD drive that your computer see's when it boots up? (hey, you did say USB doesn't work so, you can't use any sort of USB stick to boot off of ...)

You'll need to create a bootable DOS disk for one of those devices. On that bootable disk you'll need to install a copy of the DOS utility to Flash the BIOS on your particular brand of motherboard. Then you'll need a copy of the latest BIOS for your particular motherboard.

Now here's a part I haven't done:

You need access to a second computer. You need to find a program to EDIT your raw BIOS file. You will need to know the "brand" of the BIOS like AMI, or Phoenix or whatever (no it's not the same as the motherboard's brand ASUS or Gigabyte, ....). This should help you in your Google search for a suitable BIOS editor.

Once you find this BIOS Editor: on the 2nd computer, change the setting in the raw BIOS file to support slow or legacy USB support.

Back to the easy know parts I've done many times:

And finally, copy that modified raw BIOS file onto your bootable DOS media. Then boot your broken computer. Once your up and running in DOS, run the BIOS Flashing program and install the raw BIOS file you edited by hand.....

That WILL work...........

March 20, 2011 2:33:29 AM

Best answer selected by leevancleff.
Score
March 23, 2011 10:12:51 AM

tnx a lot man it work! salamat po!
Score
February 13, 2012 2:05:45 PM

Hello,
This is the common problem, If this problem solved then we have copy these three files from your pc (they are Windows' USB drivers):
a. Hccoin.dll (c:\WINDOWS\system32)
The following are found: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers)
b. Usbehci.sys
c. Usbhub.sys
d. Usbport.sys
5. Copy them to their respective locations via floppy (yes, I said floppy) or cd by booting to an MS-DOS prompt
6. Once you have them copied – the USB keyboard and mouse will work.

If you have more inquiry and any solution visit
http://www.techyv.com/questions/computer-ps2-port-damag...
Score
February 13, 2012 7:12:34 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!