Sign in with
Your question

Gaming/Browsing PC - $800 - First Timer

Last response: in Systems
December 24, 2010 3:53:24 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: By the end of January 2011

Budget Range: $750-$850

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Browsing, Office Applications

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: none

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: none

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Additional Comments: Looking for something with as much longevity as possible. 4 years of gaming at decent performance would be more than satisfying. I only casual a few FPS games and I'm sure Diablo III won't be too demanding, so ultimately aiming at something which would meet its criteria.
a b 4 Gaming
December 24, 2010 10:28:39 AM
January 4, 2011 5:41:38 PM

Order just came in, myRosewill DESTROYER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower only came with 2 standoffs for the MOBO. This is my first build so I'm a little lost as to where I should find more of these... I thought there should be one for every hole in the MOBO. Help is appreciated.
m
l
Related resources
January 4, 2011 5:50:58 PM

Only came with two standoffs?????? Call the manufacturer and have them ship them to you overnight or go to you local PC shop and pick some up. Mobo and case should both come with standoffs in most cases.
m
l
January 4, 2011 5:56:13 PM

I'm reading through the manual and in its listed parts, it shows I should actually only receive 2 standoffs. I see the case itself almost has pre made lifters on the plate. Is it designed to accept the MOBO as is w/o standoffs or should I still find an online shop and order more before continuing with the build?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
January 4, 2011 5:56:56 PM

Please don't take this reply as me being sarcastic at all or trying to make you sound unintelligent.

On the Destroyer the standoffs may be already mounted in the case from most recent user reviews I have read. The other 2 would be for you to add if you had a mATX board. It may sound weird but, look at the inside of the case to check if they are already all screwed in?

I'll be watching this because I am about to order a Destroyer and would like to know ahead of time if I have to order standoffs too.
m
l
January 4, 2011 5:59:56 PM

maawdawg said:
Please don't take this reply as me being sarcastic at all.

On the Destroyer the standoffs may be already mounted in the case from most recent user reviews I have read. The other 2 would be for you to add if you had a mATX board. It may sound weird but, look at the inside of the case to check if they are already all screwed in?

No offense taken at all, I'm just being cautious and appreciate the help. Every video I've watched over the past week has included 9 brass standoffs, this was just a curve ball I wasn't expecting. Thank you for the clarification.
m
l
January 4, 2011 6:02:20 PM

I'm not sure either but I have read some user reviews saying they were preinstalled in the case. I am not 100% sure if it is accurate but wanted to give you the info jsut in case.
m
l
!