Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Phenom II x4 965 @ 4ghz?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
March 18, 2011 5:26:29 PM

Hey guys, so i just got this CPU last week.
I was having high temps with an aftermarket heatsint (v6 gt) so i reapplied thermal paste (artic silver 5) but i couldnt lower the stock temps by much at all (probably the case needs better fans, got a coolermaster Nvidia 334, and when i open the door the temps go down really quick)
Now i get this at stock
Idle :36-40ºc
Full load : 51-52ºc

Im testing the CPU at 4.0 ghz and 1.45V on the cpu (Tweaking with asus' TurboV software) with Prime (been running for about 1 hour) and im getting full load temps between 56ºc and 58ºc.
Is this too high?

Before anyone asks, its the 125 W version revision C3.

Thanks for your help! :D 

More about : phenom 965 4ghz

Best solution

a c 81 à CPUs
March 18, 2011 5:33:55 PM

I don't think any real world app will push your CPU as rigorously as prime does.. Thus, your everyday temps will definitely be lower.. Having said that, I think your temps are pretty ok for the amount of overclock you have applied.. Its not advisable to keep the case doors open so get yourself a better case ASAP..
March 18, 2011 5:52:42 PM

Idk if anyone has any imput on the Coolermaster Nvidia 334 then. Thats the case (I know i said it before).
I dont think its bad.. maybe i need faster fans? It has 2x 1200 rpm fans and the cpu cooler is 2200 rpm, maybe the problem is that there isnt enough intake for the cooler?
March 28, 2011 12:53:01 AM

Best answer selected by joacomax.
!