New PC upgrade for my friend, Question

tomhardcore

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
I'm helping my friend upgrade his computer with a new X58 motherboard, Core i7 CPU, and new memory in a couple of days. My question is does he have to reinstall his OS which is Windows 7 64bit when I install the new hardware into his computer? Right now he's using an Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2, and some ASUS motherboard with a GTX 470 that's being extremely bottle necked by the CPU. Thanks for the help.

Solution
Since you are changing the motherboard, its a good idea to reinstall the OS too, there is a very slim chance that it may work, but even if it does you are likely to not have it be totally stable as it wont have the right motherboard drivers installed. A clean install is always a good idea when you change a motherboard.
Since you are changing the motherboard, its a good idea to reinstall the OS too, there is a very slim chance that it may work, but even if it does you are likely to not have it be totally stable as it wont have the right motherboard drivers installed. A clean install is always a good idea when you change a motherboard.

Solution