Sign in with
Your question

Novelty cup holder = serious consideration

Last response: in Systems
December 24, 2010 6:58:10 PM

I have an Antec 902 case right now, with 2 dvd drives and a bluray drive. Needless to say, I think the 3 drives is a little unnecessary... So I moved my computer to a different place (home for christmas) and my desk is much smaller, leaving me with no room to place my cup. So I'm seriously considering spending 15 bucks on a cupholder that would take the place of one of the dvd drives: http://www.crazypc.com/products/8177.html

Haha. What are your guys' thoughts on this "upgrade"?
a c 103 B Homebuilt system
December 24, 2010 9:32:06 PM

You would have to sacrifice another drive for the ashtray.
a b B Homebuilt system
December 24, 2010 10:52:22 PM

Make sure that you install the cup holder in the top bay of the case. If you install the cup holder in one of the lower bays an ejecting DVD drive draw may knock the cup off.
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
December 24, 2010 11:52:23 PM

I keep my coffee/beer on the keyboard.
December 25, 2010 2:38:35 AM

:lol:  This topic is hilarious!
December 25, 2010 4:05:10 AM

damasvara said:
:lol:  This topic is hilarious!

And yet, so very important.

I would add the ashtray if I actually smoked, I was just seriously considering the drink holder. Also, thanks pjmelect, but I think the whole common sense of where to install a drink tray is something I have under control :) 
December 25, 2010 5:11:36 AM

Believe it or not, I really understand. I'm not laughing at the idea, but the comments. They're so funny.

Talk about silly, I placed 4 used bottle caps under my PC desk as a heightener just to give room to place the case under it in a standing position. Again, "used" bottle caps. :lol:  That and a few more "mods" I make on my PC. :p 

A cup holder is quite normal. They use it in cars, why not PCs?
December 25, 2010 5:37:34 AM

damasvara said:
Believe it or not, I really understand. I'm not laughing at the idea, but the comments. They're so funny.

Talk about silly, I placed 4 used bottle caps under my PC desk as a heightener just to give room to place the case under it in a standing position. Again, "used" bottle caps. :lol:  That and a few more "mods" I make on my PC. :p 

A cup holder is quite normal. They use it in cars, why not PCs?

True, they also use mufflers in cars, guess I better get that installation process underway as well
a b B Homebuilt system
December 25, 2010 5:51:12 AM

Ok, if the lighter/ashtrays not needed, how about just making the hole in your dvd drive tray big enough for a cup to fit? that way its a cup-holder plus you can still use the drive if needed :p 
Moto
December 25, 2010 5:59:44 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Ok, if the lighter/ashtrays not needed, how about just making the hole in your dvd drive tray big enough for a cup to fit? that way its a cup-holder plus you can still use the drive if needed :p 
Moto

Good idea, but we wouldn't want this to happen, would we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBOdcuDmwzY

:) 
a b B Homebuilt system
December 26, 2010 7:17:22 AM

Lol, you use plastics cups at home?
Save the money, buy proper crockery first :p 
Moto
!