Which 6850 brand should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwsx4xlyf3

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I am having trouble deciding which 6850 to get, the Sapphire or the Gigabyte. The only differences that I can see are the coolers, and the warranty.
I am pretty sure the coolers do roughly the same job, so my real question is which brand has better warranty service? The Sapphire has 2 years and the Gigabyte has 3 years, but none of that matters if the company does not honor warranties very well. I was wondering if Gigabyte handles their warranties better than Sapphire as I plan to have this card for a while, and an extra year warranty would be nice. The 6870s are to much, and the XFX 6850 has no accessories/adaptors and charges an extra $20, which would be more with a dvi-vga adaptor.
Also do either support voltage control, as I could not find anything on it? (Sorry if I misread something)
Last thing, does anyone know if MSI is going to have 6850's for sale anytime soon as I NEED a graphics card within the week? (I have had good experiences with them, mobos only though)
Preferred site: www.newegg.com
Important specs:
CPU: Pentium G6950 @4.2ghz
MOBO: H55-E33
PSU: Antec Neo Eco 520w
Ram: 4gb Adata 1600mhz
Case: CM 690
Monitor: 1080p HDTV
PS: I had an nVidia 460 768mb, but sold it for more than I paid for it :D , and I would like something that supports multiple (3+, but not for gaming) monitors with only one card, as i have an MATX mobo, which also make xfire pointless.
Thanks.

Solution
I'd go for the Sapphire, 'cos down our side they have a very nice customer service that's very prompt.....
You need to choose depending on serviceability and warranty issues....

reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
Go with ANY brand which is the cheapest, offers the most warranty, has any game bundles and YOU fancy the look of. :)

All are about the same in performance, power usage etc.. Very Minimual differences between each other if any.

bwsx4xlyf3

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
@alyoshka-Thanks for your reply, that was my biggest concern, so I ordered the Sapphire
@wa1-Thanks, I did not feel that the xfx was worth the $20+ so again I went with Sapphire
@reccy-Thanks as well-I went with the Sapphire and save about $0.20 :), also the box looked nicer :D and ran cooler (about 2ish degrees.)

Status
Not open for further replies.