Sign in with
Your question

Wireless-N Home Router WRT120N

Last response: in Networking
June 11, 2010 8:55:34 AM

does the Wireless-N Home Router WRT120N has the option of bridge mode inside its GUI ?

Related resources
June 11, 2010 1:43:20 PM

no have to flash it with dd-wrt..

linksys routers don't offer those options

just check their website not support so you gotta look for another program or if dint buy the router yet (from your statment above sounds like you dint) you can get a router for cheap and do it.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

June 11, 2010 2:18:03 PM

k3y3n1n said:
no have to flash it with dd-wrt..

linksys routers don't offer those options

just check their website not support so you gotta look for another program or if dint buy the router yet (from your statment above sounds like you dint) you can get a router for cheap and do it.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

aren't there any good brand name ADSL routers in the market which have the bridge option mode built-in in GUI
June 11, 2010 3:01:30 PM

hmm not sure but i went to micro-center got a refurbished router for 30 bucks and flashed it with dd-wrt and turned it to repeater/bridge for my wrt610N it works great only thing if i disconnect the main router and plug it back in i have to disconnect all my computers and re connect them but no biggie

I always used linksys from back in the day with A routers had people use other routers and had problems so i am not sure but i know linksys doesn't offer that

I also found this idk if it helps

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080
June 12, 2010 7:03:06 AM

k3y3n1n said:
hmm not sure but i went to micro-center got a refurbished router for 30 bucks and flashed it with dd-wrt and turned it to repeater/bridge for my wrt610N it works great only thing if i disconnect the main router and plug it back in i have to disconnect all my computers and re connect them but no biggie

I always used linksys from back in the day with A routers had people use other routers and had problems so i am not sure but i know linksys doesn't offer that

I also found this idk if it helps

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080

thanks for your reply, i called up netgear support earlier

actually i did that after i bought two Netgear ADSL modem/routers

and to my shock the tech support told me none of their products have the bridge mode option !!!! :na: 
June 12, 2010 3:46:21 PM

Look on that dd-wrt website find a Model to flash and use that

you can go on newegg n look for open box to save money

From exp I flashed 2 linksys routers has no prob tried a d link n brick it lol
June 16, 2010 8:03:03 AM

k3y3n1n said:
Look on that dd-wrt website find a Model to flash and use that

you can go on newegg n look for open box to save money

From exp I flashed 2 linksys routers has no prob tried a d link n brick it lol

do you even know what a bridge mode is ? :( 
June 16, 2010 7:41:22 PM

ya by your statement your trying to bridge two different networks - the WAN (internet) and the LAN (whatever you've got connected to it). It doesn't try and do anything else with the data. I stated the DD-wrt because there firmware lets you do things normally cant do with out of box router
July 12, 2010 1:59:14 PM

k3y3n1n said:
ya by your statement your trying to bridge two different networks - the WAN (internet) and the LAN (whatever you've got connected to it).

well i am not talking about that bridging !!!
July 12, 2010 3:53:50 PM

You're trying to bridge to APs together to create a wireless link between the two, right? Otherwise you would be stuck running a wire instead.

Since all the Linksys stuff went end user stupid with their pretty pictures on the box and no detailed info, I don't know if it offers AP bridging. Previously you had to purchase an AP exclusively to get the feature.

You can though research other firmwares that are available that others have created that may include the bridging ability.

To answer your question, I don't know if it comes with bridging mode by default. Again, look into 3rd party firmwares that may offer the feature if it does not come with it.
July 14, 2010 5:54:19 AM

riser said:
You're trying to bridge to APs together to create a wireless link between the two, right? Otherwise you would be stuck running a wire instead.

Since all the Linksys stuff went end user stupid with their pretty pictures on the box and no detailed info, I don't know if it offers AP bridging. Previously you had to purchase an AP exclusively to get the feature.

You can though research other firmwares that are available that others have created that may include the bridging ability.

To answer your question, I don't know if it comes with bridging mode by default. Again, look into 3rd party firmwares that may offer the feature if it does not come with it.

please look at the pic below i am talinh about this bridging option .........

!