PSU:COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W ATX12V v2.31
I've just spent a little time researching and choosing the hardware I'd like in a new PC I plan to build soon. This is my first time building a PC, and I'd like some guidance -- as well as some help. If anyone could point out better choices, incompatibilities between my selections, etc. I would greatly appreciate it. I have a few general questions as well.
1) Should I be looking to buy external cooling at all? If so, what do you guys suggest?
2) Will standoffs come with my motherboard or case?
3) Is my memory compatible? I'm not certain if it is.
4) Am I missing something? That would be rather embarrassing.
5) How do I know if my power supply is enough to power all of my hardware(I think this power supply should do well enough)
6) Are there any obviously superior choices within similar price ranges?
7) What's up with different companies names being attached to video cards? For example, if I search for GTX 480, I get different products from MSI, EVGA, etc. Are these just different options that may have been overclocked or provide better price? I don't fully understand the point of this.
Feel free to landblast me, I want to learn! I am also looking to reduce price somewhat, so if anyone could help me there that would be excellent, without draining performance too horribly.
The soundcard I already own is Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Professional.
Monitor is a non-issue as I already own several, and I can purchase new ones if necessary.
I've also posted this on Eggxpert, and gotten a few suggestions such as the aftermarket cooler "Cooler Master Hyper 212".
I would go with a GTX570 instead of the 480. You will need a triple channel 3 x 2GB kit for the X58. Corsair, Seasonic or Antec would be a better choice of PSU than a CM.
MSI, EVGA and so on are just brand names of graphics cards (OEM manufacturers).