Watercooling 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindseyhunt1090

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
hello all.. i just ordered a new HIS 6870 and i want to run it with my watercooling.. does anyone know if there are any water blocks available for it? is it the same as any of the other series? is there something universal?

basicly where can i get something to water cool this mother.

etk

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
You could get a generic block (not reccomended), but most water block manufacturers aren't big enough players to get pre-release info/NDA's for cards, and are just now getting to take a look at the cards. You can imagine they don't want to manufacture a bunch of blocks based on some leaked slides, so give it some time. I would personally stay away from the first few to hit the market, unless it's a really big company, which had the card for a couple of months with an NDA, as those will be the blocks with the least development time. I wish I had better news for you.

Already???????
The stuff has just hit the markets....... you can't be serious in asking for a Waterblock for it......
Firstly...... does it even need one?
If the stock HF and Fan do the trick even after an OC, what's the point in the water block, unless you have some extra pipes blocked out....
Yeah, I can understand Aesthetics but it doesn't work like this, you need to wait and review till it becomes a mainstream card, they'll come up with the waterblocks only after a little while and that too only after the OC'er give in reports on OCing and Heating issues......
If the card is anything like my 5750's...... you can forget waterblocks for them altogether..... :)

lindseyhunt1090

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010

i know you can max the cards out on stock cooling. im just looking for it because of the noise the fan produces under full load 100%. its really loud..

water cooling would make it silent and make it run a lot cooler. thats all.

lindseyhunt1090

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010

really? i ordered my from new egg and had it in 2 days.. very happy with them..

i went from a 5770 to a 6870 and wow.. i doubled my fps.. very happy with the card.. it seems to run really hot though. 80 to 85c.. at full load. so i have to put the fan up to 80-100% and holy man is it loud lol. i cant wait for water cooling.

Now, that's first hand detail :)
Very glad to hear it, could you give us a little more details on resolutions, case & games you're playing?
That'll be a little more info, since I might just go in for the card.... but if it runs at 80-85.... I think 'll wait a little......

lindseyhunt1090

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010

i play lots of first person shooters.. im playing metro 2033 right now.. everything is maxed out for graphics setings. 1920x1080p. im also using the direct x 11 settings. im getting 25-40fps. sonsidering with the 5770 i would get 10-18 lol. this card is amazing. i have an old thermal take case. aser v or something. its got 7 fans in it and im running a liquid cooled cpu. i was doing some reading online and the guys that test the 6870 say it runs in the 80s for temp... just seems so hot compared to my 5770.

Status
Not open for further replies.