No Video with Asus P7H55-M Pro

billyraygun

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
I'm using an Asus P7H55-M Pro which has on board graphics. I boot the computer, for the first time; nothing beeps, smokes, or anything. All appears to be running properly.

Other than my video.

I wait for about 60 seconds and my monitor remains unresponsive. Moving the mouse, or hitting the space bar does not activate the monitor. Without video, I can't even setup the bios.

I'm hoping someone with more computer experience can help me resolve this problem.

Thanks!
Bill

Solution
Are you using the EVGA card or the motherboard with the integrated from the I3? If you are using the EVGA it could be the card that is bad but if neither work then the board.

billyraygun

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
I have the i3 530 2.93ghz and am using an evga dual dvi video card. The processor says that has Intel Graphics Technology.

I bought the board for the price, no intentions to use the integrated video card. I actually bought enough parts for four workstations and built three since posting this thread.

Each computer started right up with no problems.

So, to revise my original question, how do I determine which part is bad? My gut instinct tells me I have a bad motherboard, but I'm not 100% certain.

bill

billyraygun

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Neither work. I tried the onboard video, and the secondary graphics card and neither of them give me a video display.

I'll buy another mono. Sounds like that will help.

Thanks for the help.
Bill

davidjmccollum

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I had the same problem, fortunately I bought the warranty on both the MOBO and the i3. Seems the MOBO fried due to a short during install and it took the i3 with it. If a New MOBO doesn't fix it, try a new Processor.