Sign in with
Your question

8800GTX Beeping.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 26, 2010 9:20:59 AM

Hi i had a 7600GT XFX working fine til it finally blew out, Now i went for the 8800GTX Asus
When i plug it in it beeps, when i plug in the 9500 ATI card it stops (Was the spare after 7600 blew)
Anyone know why? Here a video of it sorry for *** quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQmAVL75Ac

More about : 8800gtx beeping

a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 9:43:36 AM

LMAO!!! Sorry, but was that ET in the video?
You said sorry for Quality..... hmmmmmm. You need lights there.... reshoot the whole thing with the cam or phone in one place ....... not floating around..... then it'll make some sense......
till then we're just as blind as the cam in the video....
And it's not the card beeping, it's the mobo.....
October 26, 2010 9:45:17 AM

well you only really need to see that it beeps, and the walls in this room is painted black so yh its pretty impossible.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 9:49:44 AM

No light's in the room?
And we need to see what you've done with the wires in the rig.... thats why the video is needed.....
Beeps - hmmmmmmmmm they come in the manual and are known as Motherboard Beep Errors .
Each kind of error has it's own beep signal..... your's is most probable the VGA beep signal....
What's the make of your Mobo?
What's your PSU power rating and model?

See, this is why I suggested to get the video right, since you already took the trouble of uploading it, it'd save you and me a lot of typing work.....
a c 172 U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 9:51:07 AM

sounds like your PSU is not up to running such a power hungry card. What PSU do you have (brand/model/wattage)? Also, did you remember to plug the extra power connectors in that the card needs. an 8800gtx needs a 550-600w good quality PSU.
October 26, 2010 9:53:44 AM

No light's in the room? - No
And we need to see what you've done with the wires in the rig.... thats why the video is needed..... I have plugged in the PCI-E power connector.
Beeps - hmmmmmmmmm they come in the manual and are known as Motherboard Beep Errors . - People actually read that?!
Each kind of error has it's own beep signal..... your's is most probable the VGA beep signal.... yeah just one hugeeeeeeee beep.
What's the make of your Mobo? KN9 Ultra
What's your PSU power rating and model? 500Watt Model: ATX500
October 26, 2010 9:54:33 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
sounds like your PSU is not up to running such a power hungry card. What PSU do you have (brand/model/wattage)? Also, did you remember to plug the extra power connectors in that the card needs. an 8800gtx needs a 550-600w good quality PSU.

I have a 500W PSU, its powered up many cards over its time.
a c 172 U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 10:15:03 AM

yes, but a 8800gtx uses a LOT more power than a 7600gt. Again, what brand is the psu? ATX500 does not tell us anything about the PSU. Sounds like a cheap and nasty though.......
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 10:16:00 AM

I have a feeling you need to reseat you RAMs, while you put in your GPU, you've managed to dislodge the RAM. Try to reseat them in their slots, and remove the PCIe GPU once again,
Try switching it on without the GPU in the slot.
See if it beeps again.....
Then reseat it.
Connect the two Power pin connectors give to you.....
By the way which power connectors are you using
Two Molex to the Single 6Pin PCIe connectors? X2
October 26, 2010 10:17:03 AM

Wait they both need plugged in?!
a c 172 U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 10:19:23 AM

theres your problem
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 10:23:55 AM

:) 
Yup...... they both need to be in the 2 PCIe power sockets on the GPU, Plus each one connects to 2 Molex connectors, if you're using an unbranded PSU which came with the case, then you have to make sure that you're not connecting all four molex connectors onto the same line from the PSU, choose two different lines and connect them in the 2 X 2 Pair to the different line.....
October 26, 2010 10:24:59 AM

Ok thanks, just ordered another PCI-e power socket, should be here tomorrow.
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 10:27:46 AM

Didn't it come in the case with the 8800GTX? I'm surprised.....

I think this is what you should have got with the card.....
October 26, 2010 10:35:51 AM

got everything else apart from the cables but there like a quid...
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 10:43:39 AM

Asus stuff isn't cheap, so you really need to talk to your dealer, even if it's just a quid. It still is a waste of your time for not being included right?
Anyway, what comes with the pack is the best i believe, what you get after market, has no reliability what so ever.... .:) 
But that is of course , my point of view....
So, I think we'll hear from you tomorrow then, keep us informed....
October 26, 2010 10:54:12 AM

will do, thanks for your support.

It took 3days to get the gcard to me, its £1 + free next day for the cable lol..
Ino what id rather do.
It was from overclockers.co.uk
October 26, 2010 11:09:27 AM

so the card cost only 1 ( can not write that letter on my keyboad)? if people sell it that cheap, it is probably a broken card.
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 11:23:30 AM

kimyeang88 said:
so the card cost only 1 ( can not write that letter on my keyboad)? if people sell it that cheap, it is probably a broken card.

Lol!!! ^ the card was not for a quid...... LMAO.... it's the single Molex to PCIe power connector that costs a quid.... ie 1£ :) 
Hells, I'd buy the card broken or not for a quid if it was ever sold for that much..... eyes closed....

EDIT: Psss, a little secret, there's a copy paste function in windows for stuff that can't be written on your keyboard, if it's still too difficult, then try the english word for it, eg Pound, or Pound Sterling or something like that :) 
October 26, 2010 11:59:53 AM

lol my bad. i didn't read the sentence carefully . It was like 4 in the morning and i didn't sleep yet. probably misread .
October 26, 2010 12:11:07 PM

Yes , ofcourse the card cost a quid lol?!
October 26, 2010 12:11:24 PM

Not really but it did only cost 75 of them.
a c 173 U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 12:58:10 PM

Was the card new or used when you got it? Check the card for any missing compenants such as broken resistors. As for the psu if it is a generic pos then ditch it and buy something decent. I personally got a EVGA 8800gtx.
!