I NEED HELP INSTALLING DRIVERS MANUALLY!!!!!

HummadJ

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
I Just recently formated my ibm t41 with win 7 and found ou that its monitor wasnt designed for win 7. someone made some custom drivers but they have no .exe, just cab and inf and sys need help plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if you have the INF file and the CAB file on you, all you need to do is right click on the INF and select Install.
If that doesn't work then you need to get to your Diplay properties and Upgrade the Driver or Install Driver , select Manual, select have disc, then select the path where the INF and the CAB are saved, select the INF it'll open a list of the displays allowed and choose your display from it....

prelude2250

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
right click on my computer, choose manage. then choose device manager in the left pane. from there you can select the device with the missing driver. it most likely will have a yellow "!" next to it. right click the device and choose update driver. then when the window opens choose browse my computer for drivers. Then point the updater to right directory and make sure check subfiles and folders is selected.