For the past 48hrs my wireless internet connection has been acting strange. It will work fine for 10-15mins but then it randomly stops working.
The weird thing is that it stays connected to the internet however my mbps drops down to 1. This is so slow that web pages don't load and I get timeout or unknown errors from my browser.
If I keep disconnecting and then reconnecting it will eventually start to work again but only for a 15-20mins before I get the problem again.
More about :wireless internet randomly drops 1mbps
September 5, 2010 9:37:41 PM
You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.