After a month of research for all my components, I'm reading that because the board is 1.5v and the RAM is 1.65v I may have a problem with compatibility.
1. Apparently I would have to OC the 2500k in order to get the 1.65v ripjaws to work. Is this fact?
2. The other issue is that instead of a 16GB kit, I thought I could buy 2 8GB kits. After reading furthur I'm starting to believe this is a no-no. Can 2 8GB ripjaw kits @2133 perform 24/7 with stability?
3. I'm worried that the heat sinks on these ripjaws will interfere with the 212+ I'm planning on buying. Can anyone confirm or deny as I'll be using all 4 DIMM slots
4. I've made a couple builds but by no means am a guru. I've read I can use XMP?!?! to underclock this ram. How do I do that?
7. Recommended heat sink fan for i5 since HSF and DIMM slot reportedly close
I don't want to spend all of the holiday season with BSOD or fried components. I need the build to be stable and I keep it on 24/7 (it sleeps). I haven't purchased a CPU heatsink/fan yet so if other would be better for tight squeeze between HSF and DIMM slot pls let me know. I also ordered a Corsair Carbide 500R to keep cool if heat should be an issue.
PLEASE respond quickly as the alternate RAM sale ends soon and I sincerely appreciate your help!