Sign in with
Your question

$900 Rendering Machine

Last response: in Systems
December 25, 2010 4:22:41 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Sometime after January 11th
Budget Range: $900 After(Lower the better)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Video Editing, Light Gaming MineCraft :) 

Parts Not Required: Need Everything.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:Amazon since no tax/Free ship, but newegg for the combos, also fine with microcenter

Country of Origin: California USA

Parts Preferences: Prefer Monitor with Speakers

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: Anything above 1680 x 1050, would also like something atleast 23inch monitor

Additional Comments: Need Exceptional Cooling,

More about : 900 rendering machine

December 25, 2010 9:50:30 AM

Since you aren't purchasing before January, you definitely want to wait for the new tech (read: CES 2011) before looking at specific CPUs and mobos.
Related resources
December 25, 2010 8:34:26 PM

blackjellognomes said:
Since you aren't purchasing before January, you definitely want to wait for the new tech (read: CES 2011) before looking at specific CPUs and mobos.

Seconded. Buying it now can be quite frustrating. You might get a better deal for the same or lower price. Experienced it once, and I hope never will again...
December 25, 2010 9:23:40 PM

its always going to happen. after i purchase something i never look at the prices again because its the nature of the business, that shortly or at least it always seems that way prices drop on what you just bought as new stuff comes out reducing its place in the ranks as top rank items.

i also plan on upgrading building a new system in jan well probably more like feb or so.

around the middle to end of jan i'll start looking around asking questions for my options.

i'm really curios to what the sandybridge processor is goign to do to the market.

i have a certain amount of money and i don't need the top of the line gaming system as most of those first person shooters hurt my eyes. i might end up building two systems, possibly one quad core intel and one six core amd. given them both a test for a bit and see which one i like the most and pass the other to my mother and/or sister
!