Conflicted if this is a good time to purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serphkihou

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Hey there guys,

This might be a bit of a strange question, but I made an earlier thread and figured out the overall build I'm going for. Right now I'm just seeking out deals to lessen the overall cost, I've obtained some of the parts during particular sales I've come across, but so far this is what my build is going to be and the parts I've purchased so far.

CPU: i7-950 (Purchased already)

CPU Cooling: Hyper 212 + (Purchased already)

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth X58

RAM: 6GB G.Skill Triple Channel 1600

Video Card: Geforce 570GTX

PSU: Seasonic x750 Gold

Case: Antec 900 (Purchased Already)

HDD: WD 1TB Black Caviar (Purchased Already)

Currently these are the deals that I'm unsure of taking up:

EVGA Geforce 570GTX

Cost: 349.99 + Free Shipping

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX31387(ME).aspx?curtab=2

And

ASUS Sabertooth X58

Cost: 179.99 + Free Shipping

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX30387(ME).aspx

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to take up these offers or just wait until the sandy bridge CPUs and Mobos are out. I know you might be asking me why didn't I get the i7-950 later but it was on for a fairly good price at the time.

Thanks for your time guys and any input.

Solution
It appears that you have made up your mind to wait it out - so wait it out until Sandy Bridge is released. You will feel better.

HankB99

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Years ago a friend of mine wanted to get a pc. But he knew if he waited he could get a better deal. I wonder if he's still waiting. At some point you just need to get on the bus and not worry that a better deal is going to come along. It will. But you will still be left behind.

Enjoy your new system!

-hank

Its always a good and bad time to purchase.

Something better is *always* in the pipeline...every single time. There was a saying in the computer industry in the 80s, which is still true: "Last year's wonder toy is next year's doorstop" and the related "If it's available to buy, it's already obsolete."

You just have to get what you want and go for it.

Serphkihou

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Oh I know for a fact that there's always going to be something better down the road, and of course pricing will go down eventually within the next while. Although I'm currently out of the country for the holidays and some relatives birthdays, and won't be back until mid-late January so this computer isn't being built until then, probably should of mentioned this.

Though I'm wanting to see if I should just wait on it until I'm closer to coming home which is after the Sandy Bridge CPUs are out, and if the pricing by that point would plummet significantly or if this is most likely the best I'll get within the time frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.