Gtx 460 768mb memory overclock

im_thinking1

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I have the memory set at 2250 , which seems outrageous... yet i get no artifacting so I'm not really sure if i should go higher or something is wrong , frames rates do constantly go up with the higher memory clock , but the clock being so high from the standard 1800 makes me worry.

clock are at 800/1600/2250

I have the memory set at 2150 atm though just for safety until i can get some answers.

And btw using OCCT gpu stress test are you not suppose to see anything? you just hit "ON" then come back later once it's finished? I can't seem to find any tutorial's about how to use it , since it doesn't show a furmark donut or kombuster msi or.. the oc scanner evga thingy either , just wondering.

Thanks, all suggestion's welcome.

im_thinking1

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Yeah I just tried the 2250 in a game and got the blue blocks which I've heard are consistant with too high a mem overclock on the 460 so I put it back to 2150 and seems to be fine. Also I wonder why I couldn't detect anything with kombuster or OC scanner/evga tool , which leaves me last with Occt that I still can't figure out if anyone could get me a quick description of how to use it , I've hit "on" before looked at msi afterburner but the clocks stay in 2d level so not sure if it's working right.

notty22

Distinguished
I would not go higher, either, thats More than most get.
I would not keep running stress programs like occt/ furmark either.
Run some games or benchmarks.
I was able to go higher with the mem o/c when I focused just on the memory myself, but found better FPS results with higher core speeds.
To high mem o/c results in screen freezing and artifacts.