Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 460 768mb memory overclock

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 26, 2010 3:16:00 PM

I have the memory set at 2250 , which seems outrageous... yet i get no artifacting so I'm not really sure if i should go higher or something is wrong , frames rates do constantly go up with the higher memory clock , but the clock being so high from the standard 1800 makes me worry.

clock are at 800/1600/2250

I have the memory set at 2150 atm though just for safety until i can get some answers.

And btw using OCCT gpu stress test are you not suppose to see anything? you just hit "ON" then come back later once it's finished? I can't seem to find any tutorial's about how to use it , since it doesn't show a furmark donut or kombuster msi or.. the oc scanner evga thingy either , just wondering.

Thanks, all suggestion's welcome.
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 3:34:25 PM

a 450mhz oc on the memclock is a little bit too high, from my pov.
October 26, 2010 3:43:35 PM

Yeah I just tried the 2250 in a game and got the blue blocks which I've heard are consistant with too high a mem overclock on the 460 so I put it back to 2150 and seems to be fine. Also I wonder why I couldn't detect anything with kombuster or OC scanner/evga tool , which leaves me last with Occt that I still can't figure out if anyone could get me a quick description of how to use it , I've hit "on" before looked at msi afterburner but the clocks stay in 2d level so not sure if it's working right.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 26, 2010 3:43:54 PM

I would not go higher, either, thats More than most get.
I would not keep running stress programs like occt/ furmark either.
Run some games or benchmarks.
I was able to go higher with the mem o/c when I focused just on the memory myself, but found better FPS results with higher core speeds.
To high mem o/c results in screen freezing and artifacts.

a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 7:14:23 PM

i never had the balls to go beyond 75mhz oc, the reason being is that most of the cards i've seen doesn't properly cool the memory, like my current inno3d gtx460, which do not have a heatsink on the mems.
!