Sign in with
Your question

Xfx hd 5770 screen goes blacnk in games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 26, 2010 5:31:43 PM

hey,

my graphics card works perfect on desktop an general use but when i play games or run something gpu demanding, such as a 3d benchmark program it runs for a few seconds and then black screens and the pc goes dead.

any ideas?

was wondering about the temps but i dont know what they are as once it goes i cant see them, feel pretty hot though
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 5:53:11 PM

Do you want to provide us with system specs?
October 26, 2010 5:58:06 PM

no need, just found the problem, will post a pic in 10 mins or so with details as il need your help again :p 
Related resources
October 26, 2010 6:16:10 PM

right, on the back of the pcb i just saw a part hanging loose, then notices the one next to it is missing, i removed the hanging part, and am guessing this must have something to do with my problems.

the picture highlights where the two parts came from in the red circle and the blue circle shows the part that i found hanging there.

so big Q, is this repairable, can i get spares and solder them on? or could i get someone to repair it? or shall i just chuck it away :( 

October 26, 2010 6:33:44 PM

i have actually managed to find the part number through lots of scrolling thorough a hd 5770 reference card parts list. here is the part number and its a ''LF CAP CER 10UF 10% 6.3V X5R (0805)'' made by MURATA. my new problem, is min order on a site i found with em is 3000!

so anybody know a site that might have this, as if so i can simply order 2 and solder them in which would be worth a try
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2010 7:46:10 PM

In this case I don't think the more the better really applies. You could try running 3000 in parallel but you would be having to wait a while for all them to charge before you could use your computer.
!