Keyboard/mouse PS2 adapter?

dirk101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
How do USB female - PS2 male adapters differ between keyboards and mice, besides color? Wondering more if I can use the same adapter with either a mouse or keyboard. It may be a stupid question to ask, but here it is.

dirk101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Thanks for the reply, but either I misunderstood your post, or you mean a PS/2 female-USB male adapter.

I have a USB keyboard that I want to conenct to a PS/2 port, do I need the specific keyboard usb-ps/2 adapter for this, or can I go with either the keyboard or the mouse one?

jb6684

Distinguished
Same holds true for connecting a USB keyboard to a PS/2 motherboard the same adapter will work for either a keyboard or a mouse.....

(I stay away from the whole gender description thing it's often misinterpreted....)

dirk101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Well, I've finally gotten hold of a "mouse" USB-to-PS/2 adapter, and tried plugging a keyboard in the keyboard PS/2 port with it, but it didn't work after a system restart. Plugging in a mouse in its respective port worked fine. Are there also universal adapters, that work with both input devices?