Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard/mouse PS2 adapter?

Last response: in Components
March 19, 2011 10:03:45 AM

How do USB female - PS2 male adapters differ between keyboards and mice, besides color? Wondering more if I can use the same adapter with either a mouse or keyboard. It may be a stupid question to ask, but here it is.
March 19, 2011 2:42:54 PM

You can connect a legacy PS/2 equipped mouse or keyboard to a USB connector on your motherboard using the same converting adapter. It works for either.

March 19, 2011 2:48:08 PM

Thanks for the reply, but either I misunderstood your post, or you mean a PS/2 female-USB male adapter.

I have a USB keyboard that I want to conenct to a PS/2 port, do I need the specific keyboard usb-ps/2 adapter for this, or can I go with either the keyboard or the mouse one?
Related resources
March 19, 2011 3:01:11 PM

Same holds true for connecting a USB keyboard to a PS/2 motherboard the same adapter will work for either a keyboard or a mouse.....

(I stay away from the whole gender description thing it's often misinterpreted....)
March 19, 2011 8:30:36 PM

Well, I've finally gotten hold of a "mouse" USB-to-PS/2 adapter, and tried plugging a keyboard in the keyboard PS/2 port with it, but it didn't work after a system restart. Plugging in a mouse in its respective port worked fine. Are there also universal adapters, that work with both input devices?
!