Sign in with
Your question

I cant change my sky router to wep

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
September 6, 2010 1:25:37 AM

I can' tchange my sky router to WEP, as I can not find the WEP password, how do I find it?

More about : change sky router wep

Anonymous
September 6, 2010 3:50:39 AM

Connect the computer to the router with an ethernet cable.

See the literature which came with your router for how to access the user setup screens in the router. Once in go to wireless security and review or renew the wireless security type and password. WPA PSK TKIP is the most common security type in use and is more secure than WEP .

Go to wireless mode and ensure that it's set to a protocol matching your computer's wireless adapter (mixed mode is a safe bet).

Disconnect ethernet cable.

Go to the computer's wireless networking setup screen and see if you can detect the router's SSID (wireless call sign). Select that network.

Apply the wireless security type and password to the computer's wireless networking setup screen.
September 6, 2010 5:47:18 AM

Quote:
I can' tchange my sky router to WEP, as I can not find the WEP password, how do I find it?

[#0005ff]Most Sky routers have it printed on a label - eight characters in capital letters - and it's a WPA key not WEP. WEP is not strong enough to prevent unauthorised use these days. Unless you have a good reason to change iit, leave it as it is. If you need to change to another WPA key, the router's address is 192.168.0.1, the login is admin and the password is sky.[/#000ff]
!