Trying To Choose A Graphic's Card

Hello All Say Im Trying To Choose The Right Graphic's Card To Upgrade The PC I Built A Couple Months Ago . Reason For This Is Because I Decided To Do More Than Just Gaming Infact I Want To Turn My Pc Into A HTPC And I Dont Know What Card To Buy Because The Mb I Install Is Gigabyte ma785gm us2h and it has on board ATI Readon Graphic's 4200 and OS win xp also i went with AMD Athlon x2 for my CPU. Right Now Im Clueless As To The Right Gaming Card I Need On One Note Im Not Looking To Go Crazy Expensive Spending A Ton Of Money On One . So Can Anyone Offer Any Suggestions It Would Be Most Helpful Ty.
5 answers Last reply
More about trying choose graphic card

Pick an amount your willing to spend, and BAM, there it is, might wanna wait for the next chart to come out though, I think some new cards have come out recently that might shake up the high end cards, also, if you're using a resolution less that 1920x1080, there are a lotta sub/near 100$ (USD) cards out right now. Watch the deals.
  2. We need full system specs, including power supply. as well as a budget.
    also, what res do you play at?

Assuming your PSU can handle it, I would probably recommend a 6850.
  3. Gigabyte

AMD Athlon 2

1GB x 2

Western Digital
    160 GB x 2

READON 4200

TR2 – 450 watt
  4. More so if you haven't OC'd your CPU I'm not sure I'd get anything better then the 5570 or 5670. A stock x2 with 2GBs of ram isn't the best for gaming. We also don't have any info on the resolution. 5570 would be a good fit.
  5. budget and resolution?

yeah, the 6850 would be too much.

a 5670 would be nice in there though. I wouldn't want to go any weaker than that, but it depends if you want to keep the cost down.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product