Asus First to Provide AM3+ CPU Ready Solution for Current AM3 and Future AM3+ Motherboards

AM3_Logo.png

ASUS, the worldwide leader in motherboard design and sales, today announced the release of the industry's first AM3+ CPU enabled motherboard solution based on the existing AMD 8-Series Chipsets. Current owners of an AM3-based board* will make their AMD 8-Series motherboards compatible with the latest AM3+ CPUs with a simple BIOS** update from the official ASUS website.

BIOS Upgradable Supported AM3 models

Crosshair IV Extreme
Crosshair IV Formula
M4A89TD PRO/USB3
M4A89TD PRO
M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
M4A89GTD PRO

Upcoming ASUS M5A Series models (AM3+ socket with AMD 8-series chipsets)

M5A88-V EVO
M5A88-M EVO
M5A88-M
M5A87
M5A78L LE
M5A78L-M/USB3
M5A78L-M PLUS
M5A78L-M LE
M5A78L-M LX

Yowsa :lol:

From Asus
"" AMD FX Series CPU on this motherboard supports up to DDR3 1866MHz as its standard memory frequency ""

In reading through the asus spec tab I was not aware that the sb710 now comes with 6 x SATA 3Gb/s -- I wonder if that is a misprint ???.

popatim

Titan

Nope the photo clearly shows 6 sata ports.
<in for 1 myself>

I don't think that has anything to do with the processor :D

That is a product of the motherboard itself (which reports max ram of 8GB, or 2x4GB). Most important, it notes DDR3 1866MHz support -- the IMC of BD-Z is purportedly 1866MHz stock.

I suspect dual-channel MBs with 4 DIMM slots at a minimum would support 16GB of RAMs, or 4x4GB. If you wish to go beyond that I imagine there are vendors/OEMs who would be more than happy to have you as a customer (I suspect 8GB sticks and motherboards might be a bit pricey :) )